Chapter 44. His pride

In the evening

Sanal was having his dinner and watching his parents leave for their village.

They had been called by the elders of the village to attend the last rites of the only son of Sameer's cousin.

Sameer was having second thoughts on leaving Prisha and Sanal at such a crucial time. But Sanal assured him that he would take care of the things responsibly.

Latha watched how her Prisha was sulking down at their departure. She caressed her hairs promising to return asap and hoping to join her and her family in the wedding preparations of Previn.

Prisha bid bye and went to her room to sleep as she was having a splitting headache. She had skipped her lunch and went to sleep drinking only a glass of milk.

*Clears throat* Prisha stopped in her tracks and looked down to avoid his hateful eyes. He moved beside her and glanced at her angry posture which made him scoff.

"Get ready in the morning. We are going for a checkup in the hospital...for you," Prisha was puzzled at his words and looked at him who smirked at her.

He strode off to his room leaving her confused at the reason for a hospital visit. She didn't argue with him and let me do whatever he wanted to do.

The village

Dinesh was getting enraged at the brutal manner in which the Menon and Nair family had destroyed his dreams and future with the blink of an eye.

He watched the still body of his only son who had done the mistake of hurting the precious daughter-in-law of the Menon family.

He saw their fake condolences being shown in the tv and over the radio expressing their sorrow for the loss of Dinesh Menon and his family.

The fiancé of Suresh was crying cursing her bad fate which played so badly with her.

He heard the sound of the car and the flash of the mobile phones at the entrance of the prestigious hotelier family.

He saw them and spat at the revenge which was roaming in and around his burning head.

Vinay kept the flower garland on the still body of Suresh and prayed for his peaceful afterlife.

As he went near to Dinesh, he heard him mutter "I will kill you all!".

Vinay managed to smile at the joke that his cousin made and looked straight in his eyes challenging him.

"Don't even think about it. Or you might join your stupid son...in hell!" Vinay moved from the place before it would turn the place into a blood battleground.

Dinesh gritted his teeth and made a promise to hurt the family where it would pain the most – their children.

The next morning

In the clinic

Sanal was sitting beside his perplexed wife who managed to ask him the reason. Sanal told her that they were in the clinic for a regular check-up.

She was called in by the nurse in the doctors cabin. Sanal told her to go as he opted to stay outside.

The doctor asked her some general questions which Prisha answered genuinely. She then asked her some intimate questions which Prisha was finding difficult to answer but she managed somehow.

The doctor told her to lie down for a complete check-up. She did as she thought it might because of the disturbed diet that she was suffering for the past few days which she had told the doctor, a few minutes back.