Chapter 19. My Better Half

The day before the wedding

Reddy residence

Amritha was dancing with her friends on the music enjoying herself.

Rekha was jogging from here and there jostling between the guest and the caterers to the family. All in one, she was joyous at the arrangements made for her daughter's wedding.

Latha was sitting on the couch tying the garland to be arranged on the doorway. She was zoning out and doing her work quietly away from the crowd.

Sonia sat beside her smiling and talking to Rekha who was seemingly happy at the most eventful time of her daughter.

Rekha then went to receive the guests who were entering the wedding house one after the other.

Sonia asked Latha for juice which was approached by the maid. She weakly smiled and refused the juice continuing to sew the garland.

Sonia was slightly aware of the sad demeanour of her sister-in-law. She clutched Latha's hand and rubbed it saying

"Don't worry. We will surely find the princess for our Sanal. And his marriage will be much more grandeur than this, hm?" Latha nodded her head weakly at her words.

Sonia patted her cheeks and smiled moving to help Trishna at the gift counter.

The mountain top housed the new residents of jolly young men who were preparing to cook their dinner from the freshly caught fish. 

Sanal and his friends were on their second destination gently grazing through the rough mountain tops continuing their second day of their trekking

Sanal and Dino had lined up the schedule for the trekking trip; taking into consideration of the group members.

Sanal garnished the gutted and cleaned fish with salt and pepper. Dino was taking out the sliced onions and corianders for the garnish.

Previn was chatting with his fiancé gazing at the setting sun and smiling at her romancing words.

Sanal was roasting the fish on the slow fire and instructing Dino to take out the plates for the dinner.

"Sorry guys. So, how is the fish? Hope we can catch better tomorrow?" Previn settled in one of the camp chairs and smiled at the guys.

After some time, Previn bought the rice cooker and placed it on the retractable table alongwith hot water from the fire. The fireplace was giving enough light for the dwellers to enjoy their meal amidst silence prevailing in the early evening welcoming the shining moon.

Sanal called out his mates to have their food to pass out the moonlit night for a bright morning.

Sanal and Dino shared a tent with the safety equipment nearby.