Chapter 32. The Confession

Veena's room

Veena sat on her bed remembering her sweet time with Xavier who was going to be someone's else.

She thought to sleep off to get up freshen for tomorrow's function.

Ping!

She grabbed her phone to get a message from Xavier. She opened the message to get the obvious.

'I know I have no right to call you or message you after what I have done to you. But please Baby, give me a chance to explain myself. I just need few minutes with you. Please at least have a video call with me. I can't take this burden with me.'

She dropped her phone down on the bed, crying her bad luck to again trusting the wrong person.

She decided to end all her ties with him and messaged him to video call her now.

"Hey" Xavier looked at the dreaded condition of his Veena who didn't bother to look at him.

"Just talk what you want to say and end this," Veena spoke sternly to him in shaky voice and wiped her tears.

"Veena, my uncle had fixed our marriage in our childhood. I wanted to tell you for a long time. That was the reason why I was encouraging you to marry me asap. I wanted to tell him about us and avoid this marriage for good. But...he had made me what I am today. I just...just couldn't say no to him," Xavier said with his broken voice looking at her.

"So, you wanted me to marry you to escape out of your burden and...and not because you loved me. Is that what you are trying to tell me?!!" Veena was enraged at his words and counterquestioned him who tried to negate her words.

"No!! I genuinely love you, Veena. But, if he knew that I had interest in marrying you then he would have understood..." Xavier tried to tell her his dilemma.

Veena raised her palm at him and spoke

"I don't want to hear any more excuses from you, Mr. Xavier. I regret the day I met you. Don't ever try to..." She closed the video call and cried her heart out at her fate.

She didn't realise that she had cried herself to sleep.

The next day

Prisha had gone to the boutique for her last trial of her reception lehenga. She had Benisha and Gaurav accompany her to the boutique.

Both of them were busy in their own world to not notice Prisha come out and talk to the designer about the adjustments in her lehenga.

She felt that she had put on some weight since the last time she tried the dress.

Sharanya had started pouring her love to her by making all her favourite dishes almost every day.

Benisha used to tease her saying that she would have to attach extra clothing in her lehenga at the time of her reception if she continues to eat like this.

However, her Sanal loved her chubby self. He would always pinch her chubby cheeks, just to make her wince at his mischief.

She blushed remembering her sweet time with her fiancé who used to call her every day checking her.

She got a call on her phone and was not able to hear the voice from the other side. So, she went outside the boutique to check for the person who called her.

Suddenly she felt a pull and was dragged to the van making her scream.

As she was about to be dumped in the van, the man who had caught her went flying at the powerful punch that he received.