Chapter 23. Menon and Varma's link

Varma residence.

"Ishu, let's go. We will be late for the dinner," Sharanya called out Prisha from the living room adjusting her dress.

Uvika was helping Previn to soften the crease on his ironed shirt. Previn winked at her being so close.

She patted his chest out of her shyness.

"Let's go, mom. I am ready," Prisha came out to join her family to attend the dinner party.

Menon's residence

Sonia was helping Latha for the dinner party. Sonia was instructing the maid to serve the guest with fresh juice upon their arrival.

Veena, Trishna were chatting with Vinay on the new offer that she got with Diago Industries and the way they had bid for a higher price than discussed. Vinay was genuinely happy for Veena as he had seen her struggle to make a name in the field of furnishing.

"Dad, I have an opportunity to go on a mountain trekking field work in the alps of Uttaranchal for my research work. Dr. Benjamin was specific about my presence with the trekkers for a more insight on the geophysical study of the mountain ranges," Vinay was so proud of his daughter and her enthusiasm to take on her dream.

"That's great dear! I think you should go. But be in touch with me during the journey, hm? If you want some help regarding the security. You can always trust me to get you the best one," Vinay was very cautious on the wellbeing of his family and made it sure to ensure their safety in all the way possible.

Sonia went to welcome their guest in the Menon house. Sharanya went for a hug with Sonia.

Pradeep walked inside to see Vinay who took him a friendly hug.

Vinay was happy to see his favourite walking smilingly to him for a hug.

"So nice to see my child! How are you?" Vinay patted her hair lovingly and enquired about her wellbeing.

"I am good, Uncle. Thanks for asking," Prisha then went to chat with Trishna and her siblings.

Veena was engrossed with Prisha and Trishna and their random talks.

Rajeev wanted to have a talk with Prisha and tell her about his latest musical tune that he had written.

Since the time he knew that Prisha shared the same passion for music as him, he was finding solace in her conversation.

"Hey, Raj. How is the notes coming up? I want to hear your new song," Rajeev was more than happy to share his music with her.

They went to the patio and Rajeev showed his musical recording in the phone.

"Raj, I think there needs to be some glitch in the notes. Think we should make some changes in...here. Yeah, that will do trick," Prisha was trying to decode the notes shared by Rajeev.

"But Chech, this is the similar notation that I had shared with you the other day. Wait here. I will bring my music notepad. Then we can know the difference," Saying so Rajeev rushed to his room to get his notes.

Prisha was relaxing in the cool breeze coming in the patio area. She walked a little to the garden area.

The garden area was beautified with lots of flora and artifacts of renaissance period. She was checking the petunias near the swing.

"I know, Xavier. But understand my problem. It is difficult for me to keep travelling all the time. My family may suspect. I can't come to Maldives. It is impossible for me," Veena caught hold of her forehead making Xavier understand her issue with her family who had started to suspect her being with a male friend.