Chapter 2. The Parents.

The staff room

The staff room

"Mam, when are we going to get the coffee? It is already 4. Where is the peon?" Vivek Sir was fanning himself to drive away the heat which was circulating the staff room.

The lady professors smiled at his antics. One of the professors spoke

"Arrey! Did you forget! Today they are all busy with the Orientation program in the seminar hall! We will be lucky if we get our coffee,"

Vivek Sir felt sad and went back on his chair glancing at the wall clock which threatened to stop at 3 not moving towards 4 for their freedom.

"Has all the arrangements been made? I don't want any last moment rush? She has come only with the special request from the Chancellor, so we should be vigilant! Hurry! bring the green tea to his cabin with some snacks, not the cookies, but some dry fruits,"

Saying so, Sonia went to the Chancellor's cabin to welcome the guest of the hour, 

Mrs. Sharanya Varma.

Sonia approached the Chancellor's seat and saw Sharanya who gave her a professional smile getting up.

"Hello, it is an honour to have you here as our guest speaker for the orientation program, Mam" Sonia shaked her hand upon which Sharanya spoke

"Please, it is my pleasure to come to such a prestigious university. I could meet such wonderful mentors."

Sonia seated herself besides her and offered her the refreshments bought in by the peon.

The Principal talked about the college achievements bought in by the students and the professors. He explained to her the nature of the students and their interaction with the staff and non-staff members.

Sonia supported the thought which was equally praised by Sharanya.

They then proceeded towards the seminar hall, where the guests were seated in their honourable seats.

Sonia introduced the guests and welcomed them with the bouquet praising each and every one of them.

Sonia was in charge of the guest from the Arts and Aesthetics department where she was the dean.