Chapter 71. To hell and back...

In the evening,

Lisa was holding the sniffing Prisha and looking at the sleeping Sanal. Kookie was asking about Sanal's condition to Suga who told that the doctor had given till tomorrow.

Sanal was still under the influence of the anaesthesia and would get up only tomorrow morning.

He was telling RM to let him stay back and take Prisha home to which...

"No. I will not go anywhere. I am staying right here," Prisha got up and moved towards the ICU window, denying to move out of his presence.

She wanted to be sure that he was ok and standing tall to tower her with his safe haven.

RM then suggested to stay back to give the couple the security.

At night, Prisha sat on the couch opposite to Sanal's ICU room, just not taking her eyes from the window glass pane.

Suga went towards her and felt her keeping her tired head on his shoulders. Suga then started to narrate the confusion of their and Sanal's connection.

Apparently, Vinay had appointed SI Suga and inspector RM to join hands with him to find the culprit.

They were also entitled to give protection to her in the university. The student alibi was a way to not raise suspicion among the men who were trying to harm Prisha or her saviour.

Prisha then understood the scene outside their house of Sanal conversing with RM in the morning.

Suga told her that they were being informed about a possible attack in the house. So, they decided to come to the park, closer to the police headquarters.

As the goons realised the foul play done by Sanal, they moved to the park not realising about the police officers involved.

As RM had guessed, the goons came with a surprise to shoot Prisha or Sanal.

But Sanal was quick enough to sense the danger and had told Suga to protect Prisha till the time, he would deal with the goons.

Suga even told her about Rupal and his mother alongwith their enmity with her dad, Pradeep Varma.

Prisha then realised why Sanal had forced her to stay with him. It was for her safety and even the constant alertness in him whenever they used to go outside. In all the narration, she couldn't take her penitent eyes from his fallen self.

The doctor told them that it would take more time for Sanal to gain consciousness as the bullet wound had severely weakened his conditions. So, he needed to stay in the ICU for another day, making Prisha worried. RM told her that her warrior will win this battle too, making her repent for not understanding him earlier.

The next day

Prisha was shifting from one bench to another to hear the news about Sanal. It has been past 24 hours and still the doctors were not giving their reports on him.

After 5 minutes, the doctor came out with a serious stance. RM and Prisha approached him to which the doctor spoke "...I am sorry..."

RM told the doctor to elaborate to which the reply came as "...the patient doesn't seem to respond to any of our medicines or treatment. We have tried all that we can...but I am afraid..."

Prisha shaked her head and shouted "...what do you mean by 'not responding'...ha?!! You have not tried enough!!! What kind of treatment are you giving him, ha?!! *grabbing the doctor's collar* treat my Sanal, Now!! Bring him back!!!"