Chapter 39. Good Newz!

"Come inside. You might catch a cold," Sanal called her from the garden area who looked back at him with tears.

She obliged and tried walking past him when

"It's the office. I am...um...little tensed. So, sorry about..." Prisha looked at him and hugged him taking him by surprise.

'Why do I still love you, sunshine?' He thought as she snuggled in his chest murmuring in her sweet voice, which he loved so much.

"I am sorry too. I should have tried to understand your work pressure. Please forgive me.... Sunny?" Sanal sighed at her sweet call and looked down at her feeling guilty at his actions towards her who was already giving a cute face to get her apology accepted.

"Ok," Sanal smiled at her slight pouty face and cupped her face.

The moonlight was making her skin shine with a natural glow. He felt her soft skin and unknowingly bend down to take her welcoming rosy lips.

Prisha moved upwards to his face level to give him more access. She hugged his waist who was softly caressing her cheeks taking his time to feel her plump lips with his.

He missed her.

They were so engrossed in their intense kiss that they couldn't notice Latha who turned her back after seeing their romantic moment.

She cleared her throat making Sanal come to his senses. Prisha turned her back to avoid her mother-in-law's questionable look.

"Um...I had come to...call you both for dinner. Do come after...um..." Latha tried to convey her message and made a run for the dining room.

Prisha shied at her remark and looked lovingly at her Sanal who bought back his poker face.

The next day

Nair residence

Reena was getting tensed at the condition of Veena who was not keeping well for some days. Even during the wedding, she was not able to witness the entire marriage and had gone back to the house to relax with continuous nausea and headache.

Reena was planning to take Veena to the hospital for a full body checkup in case of allergy or otherwise.

Veena had tried her level best to avoid the hospital visit as she knew that her family would be furious with her at hiding such a big secret from them.

"Prisha! Please come child!" Reena went to hug Prisha and Latha who had come to visit Veena after hearing her health condition.

Reena and Latha were engrossed in their talks making Prisha to visit Veena in her room.

"Chech?" Prisha saw the room to be empty and scanned it to find no one in the room.

She knocked the washroom door to get no answer and found it to be open. She went inside to find Veena unconscious on the floor. She went to wake her up by patting her cheeks softly. But in vain. Prisha then dialled Latha to tell her to come to Veena's room.

At the hospital,

Veena was sitting on the bed caressing her wrist tied with the bandage watching a tensed and confused Reena who was trying to listen to the doctor's instructions.

Prisha sat beside Veena who zoned out looking down. Prisha had held her hand in hers calming her.

After Reena and Latha went outside with the doctor, Prisha took the chance to know the reason behind the horrible act that the eldest of the family tried to pull.