Chapter 68. His friend

One afternoon, Prisha came home early, as the university was hosting a CSR seminar for the freshers.

Joonie reconciled with her the other day itself and told her that he was already ashamed at his rude behaviour. Prisha forgave him and told him to not ever talk to her Sanal rudely again.

She entered the house which was suddenly abandoned with any human presences.

So, she strode to his room to spend some time with him, presumably cheer him up a little with her daily dose of Kookie and Lisa banter. As she tried to enter his room, she heard some distance talking between Sanal and probably her Sameer Appa

"Sanal, I hope you have seen the draft

"Sanal, I hope you have seen the draft. If so, send me the report by this evening. It was good that you made the required changes...but in future...make sure to include your seniors...got it? *sigh*" Sameer was talking rather pissed off with Sanal who kept his tone down with his father. Sanal was still not able to win over his father's trust as he had with Vinay who was quite impressed with his clever way to dodge the cunningness shown by their shrewd clients.

Apparently, the big shot client had made an attempt to bribe the CFO Sanal if he could agree to their deal. But Sanal knew exactly how to deal with such important but arrogant ruthless client. So, he invited the client for a concal wherein he mentioned him to proceed with the said bribe.

But as the client started to make the deal comprising of a hefty bribe for the CFO, the Deputy Commissioner of Police barged in the concal confusing the client. Sanal told him that the said DCP was one of the stakeholders who was by default a part of the same quotation.

After the concal, the client was furious with the turn of events but nevertheless agreed with the final official quotation being administered by the DCP under the guidance of the manager Sanal and not CFO Sanal who also reminded the client about the quid pro quo* clause in the agreement.

(*Quid pro quo - a situation when two parties engage in a mutual agreement to exchange goods or services reciprocally. But if the agreement is outside law like a bribe, it becomes a lawsuit, punishable.)

Sanal realised that his worth in his dad's office was only of that as the billionaire's son and not the individual Sanal Menon. He didn't have a name for himself but carried his father's and grandfather's ancestral heritage. So, he wanted to search for his own identity without the family support. But Vinay advised him otherwise that his worth would be known only if he stays with the family and not apart.

Hence, Sanal demoted himself from the CFO position to manager as he felt the need to learn the hard way than take the luxury. Even though, Vinay did give him the major rights in the shares, Sanal never took advantage of it for himself but used it for the benefit of the company. He had the signing authority for all the major deals which was disliked by Sameer to the much request by Vinay. Vinay took upon himself to train his nephew who had the same thirst to prove himself to his family.