Chapter 42. My child

"No, not her!"

They looked at the possessive husband who gave a poker face and grabbed his things to move out for his next meeting.

Vinay frowned at the arrogance showed by his nephew and asked Dino who shaked his head saying that he too was clueless.

At 8 pm

Prisha waited for her husband to show up to leave for the party. She had worn the saree that her Latha mom had gifted her during her first visit to the Menon house.

She smiled remembering the time that she had spent during her previous visit with the family not aware that they were the loving family of her love.

Her smile faded and she looked at the door hoping for him to come early.

11 pm

Sanal entered the dark house with silence and went to light up the room.

He saw his wife dozing off on the couch dressed in her best clothes. He tsked at not remembering the party and cursed himself to not taking her to the party.

He picked her bridal style and walked to their room.

He placed her softly on the bed and caressed her cheeks.

"Why? Why did you betray me, hm? I loved you so much, sunshine. You were the reason for my smile after..." Sanal pressed his forehead on her crying inaudibly.

"Oho... no buts! This is the truth! Arrey! Even that Pradeep is an opportunist. Otherwise, how did he get such a big offer. Which was supposedly going to be the Menon's but who snatched it? The Varmas!!"

He remembered the dreaded night when he came to know about their betrayal to him and his family. They played so well making their daughter as his bait to lure him in her fake love.

'I love you so much, Sunny'

He inhaled deeply and wiped his tears looking at her sleepy calm self.

"I will hate you till my last breath. I promise you that, but not before making you and your family suffer," his lips quivered at his own hatred for her the most.

The days turned into weeks, wherein two lost souls were ignoring each other for the best. As if they did interact, it would end into a fight or worse make either one of them cry, hurt and remorseful at their actions.

Prisha was still clueless at why her Sanal was behaving like this, especially after the marriage.

She wanted to find the reason but was not understanding how.

Prisha was happily accompanying Veena for her monthly check up to the doctor ensuring to note down the details given by the doctor.

"Prisha, next month onwards I need to move from here. As people would notice that I am pregnant. Would you help me?" Veena asked her saviour who was in a fix and her pupils shaked to find a possible solution to the problem.

"Chech, um...give me some time till this weekend. I promise you I will come up with a permanent solution to your troubles. Have I not previously, hm?" Prisha tried to console her with her comforting words. Veena nodded her head agreeing to her assurance.

Xavier called her and told her to meet in the Grand Plaza at 2 in the afternoon, tomorrow.

Prisha agreed for the meeting and told him to not miss it as it would be crucial for him and his life.

Xavier knew that Prisha was a relative who knew about him and Veena but not exactly who she was.

Nair residence