Chapter 68. His friend

Start from the beginning

Ever since Sameer heard about his rude behaviour with Prisha, he was hating Sanal. To the point of not talking to him, making him repent for his sin of hurting a pure soul.

Sanal just nodded at his father's command and took down the instructions given by him. He promised him that he would send the report asap by mail.

"Good, at least you are able to stay away from my daughter. Don't even think of showing yourself to her. You are not worth it. I don't understand how she survived with you for so long.... anyway, get the report ready by evening," Sameer pressed him again and again on the mistake that he had done, not making him forget his misdeeds.

"...how's the weather over there? I heard there is heavy rains happening in the adjacent cities...be careful...um...just...just..." Sameer felt his fatherly feeling coming back to him looking at Sanal's sad face.

Sanal slightly smiled at his concern and told him to not worry as he was keeping himself healthy. As he began to talk casually with his dad, Sameer disconnected the call with a rude bye.

Sanal scoffed at his situation, wherein he was abandoned from his own family and friends for...

He shut the laptop and felt the tears drop from his eyes onto the laptop.

He bit his lower lip trying to control his tears. This was the conversation he used to have with his family. At least Vinay and Sameer called him under the pretence of work, besides that no one even bothered about his existence.

Was he so cruel?

Was his sin so shameful?

It was only Vinay and Sonia who had normal talks with him. Since Vinay told about Sanal's mental trauma to Sonia who understood the effect of a heartbreak.

They were trying to make the other family members to talk to him. But in vain.

They only conversed sweetly with their Prisha who was gem of their hearts.

Prisha who was standing at the door of his room, watched the entire scene with tears in her eyes. She knew that the family was punishing him but not like this.

She felt bad for their behaviour towards him. He was repenting for his sins but wasn't it enough.

She didn't dare to approach him and decided to leave the room quietly. But her feet stopped and she thought to cheer him up.

"Come in," Sanal kept his phone on the bedside table and approached the door to see Prisha smiling.

"Hey. Hope I am not disturbing you..." She was standing outside the room waiting for his permission to come inside his room.

Sanal waved her to come with a weak smile. He gestured her to sit on the bed which she happily complied.

She told him to teach her some basic French to get at least pass grades from the vocal class.

Sanal chuckled at her sad pouty face and assured her that she would be very much fluent in the language thanks to his training.

He told her to use French words in her daily talks. Like 'hello', 'bye' or any food references as that was her favourite topic. She was giggling at his way of explaining things to her, making him smile in return.

Just like that both got a common thing to talk about and perhaps forget their worries for that time.

After a few days, Prisha came jogging to his room smilingly. Sanal was listening to an audio documentary of his mentor – The Bob Ross story.