epilogue

Few years later

"What are the most important things to progressing as the owner of a business? These could be characteristics, values, skills etc" the female interviewer asked professionally, she seemed to be intimidated by the woman's aura in front of her.

The woman gave a sly smile in appreciation of that question, she answered with the most eloquent living, everyone watching in awe of her confidence."It’s the ability and bravery to take risks. It isn’t a characteristic that came naturally to me, so I needed to learn to trust myself and just go for it. It’s important to understand that you will make a lot of mistakes when starting your own business, but it’s essential to be decisive and not to be afraid of making them. Running a business is always two steps forward, one step backwards – especially in the beginning.

Another very important thing for me was to trust those around me. To let go, delegate and have faith that things will get done. Maybe it won’t always be to my own standards, but progress will be made much faster. Placing your trust in staff empowers them, allows them to really think for themselves and become problem solvers. My motto is "Strive for progress not perfection," she articulated with the best interest. She was so self-conceited that her bossy and audacious voice couldn't be hidden. Afifah sat majestically on a couch acquired for her to be interviewed. All the crew around her were standing on their toes, doing their work as great as they could.

Her demeanor was so august with an epic expression masking her face. She was dressed elegantly as the queen she is. Her character was imposing as she talked aristocratically with power evident in her voice. She got it all.  The looks, the Aura, the power. Her fashion style was so de rigueur that it speaks for itself. The interviewer calmed her racing heart to ask the next question professionally as she was supposed to not freak out. This is the biggest achievement for her and her industry. She knew she would get promoted as a result of this interview bif it went smoothly. The industry really hit the jackpot to persuade the mighty Arch Maryam to get interviewed by them. It took them by surprise to find out that she agreed with their proposal in simple plaster which they had been trying to get her attention for over five years now. They were glad they succeeded this time around. "Why is gender balance and having a more diverse workforce important, especially in senior management teams?" She asked.

With such a nonchalantly act, Afifah answered; "Women and men have entirely different decision-making processes. When under stress, men tend to take more risks, whereas women are a lot more calculated and consider all consequences, not only to themselves but to all stakeholders. Women often have a much more collaborative approach when compared to men but men can confidently make decisions and stick by them. It’s important to have the right balance in the boardroom; to see things from different perspectives."

"As a Business owner, a woman for that matter. What are the challenges you are facing as a woman and the rumors going around" the interviewer asked carefully, hoping she didn't have the wrong bottle.

“I’ve never thought of myself as a female engineer, or founder, or a woman in the business world. I just think of myself as someone who’s passionate. Any rumor regarding my love life will spread with a speed that is directly proportional to my desire to keep said rumor a secret. I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel" She replied monotonously. "Women are mostly downgraded in our nation. We were never given the opportunity to dream big. And that started from home where parents look down at their female child as just a burden, a treasure to be given away. We never get a support system. But when a woman is being supported and encouraged by the right ones; this is family and a husband. She shines brightly and grows wings to fly to her destination." She added with confidence.