chap 42; pampered

Another update, take it as Barka da Sallah from me.

Afifah's eyes blinked repeatedly before it opened wide because of the striking sun reflection. She sat up and straight with her arms, her face looked exhausted but the content glint wasn't hidden from it. Stepping her leg on the floor, she was forced to return to the bed and cried out. The pain between her legs reminds her of the last night, a blushes fleetly found their way in her cheeks, making them look like a beetroot. She hid her face in between the numerous pillows placed on the bed.

Bracing herself to just ignore the matter like it never happened, she has to pretend it doesn't occur. She got up again now carefully as ever, the exhaustion she felt was beyond imagination, she couldn't lift her leg and walk casually like before. Her eyes caught the red maps and that immediately sent her to another core of embarrassment, and that made her agree they really did that. Her face git up as her hand quickly went ahead to pull out the bed sheet from the bed and hurriedly left for the laundry room.

Spending much time in the hot water bath until she felt relieved, she came out and dressed in a purple jumpsuit with a white turban. Tiredly she grabbed another set of bedsheets to dress the bed with. Along the way, the door creaked open, Nabil made his way into the room pulling a trolley with him. He walked to her and observed her good looking features that couldn't hide the exhaustion on them and the new set bedsheet that was on her hand. "How are you? '' he asked for the first time and that baffled her. The person that never answered her greetings was now asking how she is. Seeing her expression, it made him feel a little guilty for the way he treated her before.

"I'm fine" she said timidly not meeting his gaze, suddenly, the shyness and timidness waved in blurring her view, making her want to evanescence from there. Wanting the ground should just open up so she can hide under it in order to not witness the embarrassment. Seeing him alone unleashed all that happened yesterday's night.

He stood In Front of her keeping the trolley full of variety of foods on it, he collect the bed sheet in her hand and gesture for her to go and have breakfast.letting go of it, she walked gently to the couch and sat down, she squeezed her face before settling down when she feels at ease. All her acts never miss him and that made him be aware that she must be sore.  "Are you going anywhere today? '' he asked her, and she shook her head. Earlier she informed Mufeeda of not attending the office, she wanted to rest for the day.

"Then after you have breakfast we are going out" he said, she wanted to deny it but let it be. They don't usually go out together and since today he was offering her she decided to just enjoy the moment when it lasted. "Where" she asked instead.

"You will see," he said and continued to arrange the bed.

Later on, they both got ready to leave. Afifah examined the house which sound eerily quiet like there is no one in the house. Turning on the heels to check in Sumayya's bedroom Nabil asked "where are you going"

"I want to check on Sumayya. I haven't seen her around," she conceded.

"Let her be, she must be asleep by now" he said coldly, he tried to hide it but yet it was dripping out of his tune. The girl had wrong him but yet she succeeded in staying in the house for a day. Giving some stupid reason for another trouble coming to the house, he will prefer to live with Sumayya forever than to let that girl in his house. If he really wanted to maintain peace in his house and continue living freely with his wife he had to let Sumayya stay for a day and then pack her things and go with Karima the next day. Knowing exactly what his aunt's tricks are, letting her stay more than a day in his house will cause disaster, he wouldn't let anyone come to his house and destroy the peace between him and his wife.

Afifah was baffled, it hard to believe that Sumayya was still abed by the time, glancing at him, she saw the furious look on his face and that made her shut up. Definitely something more had happened, she thought. And when what happened yesterday's night flashed to her memory, she got it. She also thought of that and also planned to confront her. She nodded her head with malice, definitely she will beat the hell out of the girl.

She followed behind him as they walked off the house and got into the car to the only god knows what place he planned on taking her. Stopping In Front of a very spontaneous building, Afifah looks up. Looking at the surroundings, she was baffled. She glanced at him with a questioning gaze. "What are we doing here? '' She asked when he was still kept mute. They were In Front of a beauty parlor,  She looked at the building again. "I just want to give you a treat, '' he said and she nodded. They walked in together, as he already booked an appointment for her. Afifah has no idea why suddenly he decided to bring her to that place.
Well, Nabil did that because he felt guilty after he tired her out last night.

After an hour passed, Afifah got pampered to the finest, had both pedicure and manicure, facial and skin care treatment with waxing, and then a massage that made her fall asleep along the way because her fatigued body had finally relaxed. While getting a massage, she fell asleep and the beautician had to leave her to continue resting in the room as she went out to report to Nabil, who told her to let her rest for a while.

30 minutes later, she woke up. She got worried that she slept leaving Nabil waiting for her. Or maybe he left her alone, knowing fully how he is, that wouldn't be a surprise to her.
"I'm sorry I slept off making you wait for me" she apologized when she returned to the waiting area where he is. He stood up and said "it's nothing, I asked them to let you sleep".

From there, Nabil took her to a grand restaurant to have lunch. Set got a table of two at the private terrace with bucolic style. The place was so warm, romantic and tranquil. They both enjoyed it.

"I want to eat ice cream" she asked with a pout. She has craved ice For years but she couldn't have it because of her health. And knowing he will deny her, she asked mellowed voice with a pitiful expression on her face.

"Why do you want to eat that, it's not good for your health" he said when he glanced at her. "Please, I'm craving it" she said and he shook his head negatively. No, he won't let her have what can harm her. Consuming cold things can increase the production of mucus in her lungs and that triggers asthma.

"Please, it has been ages since I last tasted an ice cream" she nagged with a pitiful expression, her lips were fully thrusted in pouts. He sighed, he knew it's better he get her one or else she won't let him rest, and besides, he pity her.  So he stopped at Ice cream parlor to get it for her.

Going back home, they met Karima at the front door with a trolley standing, she just also arrived. Afifah's demeanor was emanating coldness as she shot her a glare. She ignored her and walked side-by-side with Nabil, trying to make her jealous of them, she held Nabil hand in hers. When Karima saw that, she was furious that she would have yanked it, but she hid it and pretended like she was okay, she had to do things  not openly. She approached them with a beaming smile on her face. She was about to give Nabil a hug when brushed her off and raised his hand gesturing her to stop, and that elated Afifah, and she muffled her laughter.

Looking at the big trolley, Afifah scoffed. What was the girl's thought? She thinks she will let her spend a lot of days in her house, she must be joking. "Hey" she said to Karima maliciously with a smile that didn't reach her eyes, they both knew that was just a facade and Karima also did the same.

"You came?" Afifah asked sarcastically with a Smirk, Karima rolled her eyes and hissed slightly, wanting to reply sassily but she refrained herself, she had to play the card too if she wanted to achieve her goals. "Yes just now" she acknowledged instead. Afifah shrugged.

"Hope you will be on your good side" Afifah muttered, Karima very well knew what she meant and that angered her. Glancing at Nabil, who has his affectionate eyes on his wife, she squeezed her face. Left it to Nabil, he walked on the two women and let them continue their satiric pleasantries but Afifah held his hand. He knew she did that on purpose, so he gazed at the jealous part of her enthusiastically.

When Karima saw their intertwined hands, it tripled her angst. Calming down herself, she remembered the reason for her coming here, she will surely break that bond gradually. She doesn't have to act rashly, she has a dream to achieve and she must. "Oh yeah, are you planning on standing here? '' Afifah asked as she pulled Nabil with her and left. 'What kind of invitation is that?' Nabil asked himself. It won't take you long to predict that these two women never get along, he also knows that Karima was also putting on a facade because of him so he let them be, he has important things to do.