chap 57; serendipitous surrender

"Divorce me"

"Divorce me"

"Divorce me"

This is what rings in his ear, it continues to echo for almost five minutes. Nothing else could be heard apart from that. It was as if the world stopped revolving around the only two of them. His eyes saw only a spark, his whole body felt like an electric current shocked him and a full bucket of ice was washed all over him drenching him in the coldest way. His hand shakes on its own Accord due to nervousness.

He couldn't decipher which feeling he was in at the moment. Was it confused? Scared. Nervous. Angry. Or emotionally downcast. Where those that ugly words came from. How did she let it roll out of her tongue so casually like that. Is she in her right senses or did she. Or perhaps, she actually needs that. He has thought of that earlier because of her reaction, maybe all that Chaos for the past week had caused a turmoil in her brain. She needs a mental check up.

That aside,

"Wh..at do you m..ean" he found himself stuttering for the first time in her life. His voice trembling, he almost couldn't recognize his voice. He tried to look directly into her eyes but she Looked away, sighting everywhere but him. Is not like she was nervous or ashamed, she promised she will never let her guard down. She had decided and there is no going back, the knot need to be cut. "Yes, you heard correctly" said mulishly. Folded her arms beneath her chest in adamant way. "Just set me free" she repeated.

"Are you in your right senses, are you okay. Just how can you uttered these scurrilous words" his voice full of angst and wrath. "I'm sorry, I'm really sorry. I Know i went overboard, and I know I could've handled the situation better but the fear of losing you didn't let me think of anything else". Nabil apologized.

"Don't act like it isn't in your favor, both me and you know that you're yearning to hear that for long" she decided to look deeply into his eyes as if daring him to say otherwise. 

She knew it was physically impossible, but she couldn’t shake the eerie sense he could see straight through her like she was made of nothing more than a thousand pieces of broken, transparent glass. "It's better it ends right here, both me and you can be free. You didn't welcome it at first, I was just a responsibility forced upon you. I'm sorry for the inconveniences I caused you" she concurred.

"Who gave you the right to say that, have I ever said so?. Are you really okay?" He questioned, his eyes were as flames burning her skin layers, so deep. He is no more scared or surprised at all but angry. His blood boiled to the highest temperature hearing her uttering those words.

"Stop looking at me as if I went insane, I'm okay. I'm damn good. I know what I'm saying" she yelled at his face. Her face was red, she looked so horrific. If she was a cartoon character, smoke could have come out of her nose and mouth.

"It didn't seem so," he said back, his eyes daring her to say otherwise. "If you really are fine these scurrilous words will never get out of your mouth. You will not even think of it in the first place" he added.

She snorts,"Why are you pretending," and chortles.

His gaze longer at the little woman In Front of him, he wanted to tug his hair out of frustration. She is really messing and he wants her to stop without going further but looking at her eyes, he knows there is no going back, she started and must end it whenever she feels like.

"Remember, you don't love me, it's always the opposite of that since I can remember, God knows for how long that. And now you feel disgusted by me, I understand you." She said and smiled sadly. "You're such a neat freak that you can't have what another man touches or probably taste right. I'm just a remainant. I know" she sniffed " it's okay. You're free. No one is forcing you anymore now" she said.