Chap 46; Harassment

"Yeahhhh" a loud excited shriek was heard from the bedroom which Made Nabil rush out of the closet to check on. Afifah was sitting at the center of the bed with her phone on her hand still in her nightie. Looking at her, he saw that nothing looked unwell. She was perfectly fine and her face was glowing with happiness.

"What happened" he asked with a scowl on his face, he approached and scrutinized her. If she wasn't mistaken, she saw fear in his eyes.

Her eyes strangely softened as she noticed his bare chest with fine abs and thick biceps, unwantedly, the moment the last night crossed her mind and a timid smile appeared on her face. Nabil was extraordinarily handsome to Begin with, when he wasn't emanating cold air, his body naturally exuded a sense of nobility. At the moment, he was wearing a sleeping rope revealing a section of bronze skin below his neck.

Afifah's words got stuck in her throat as she stared at him, "I asked you" he said when he noticed that her attention was on his body not on what he asked her, though he was glad about that but he still needed to know what made her shout.

"Uhm nothing" she said nervously, with a blush on her face, her eyes down. "I won the contract" she sequeled, her eyes twinkling in delight. He shook his head at her childishness. She really made him get worried thinking something bad had happened to her but he got that as the reason. "Is that the reason you are shouting" he asked, she nodded while simpering.

"When someone said you don't have sense, you will start grimacing" he said and turned away to go back to the closet.

'Did he just say I don't have senses?' she asked herself. To hell with sense though, that contract is her dream come true.

"Won't you congratulate me" she asked, removing the coverlet from her body trying to get up from the bed, She made her way to him. Nabil turned around and immediately groaned, he held his temple in temptation. This little kitten was something else, "can you please wear your rope" he said, the short and spaghetti strap nightie she wore was so revealing. Even though he is supposed to get used to it because that is her dress code but no,any time she wears it, it turns him on.

"Aren't you happy about my achievement?" she asked after wearing the rope. He tilted his head and gestured for her to look at her right.

Tilted her head, she gasped. Rushing to the side table she picked the bouquet in her hand and sniffed it. She sighed happily, she felt calmed and uplifted. The Peony flowers in her hand scent heavenly with sweet and rosy yet spicy fragrance. It was fresh, soft and floral. They are her favorite, how did he get to know them?
Reading the note inside, she smiled.

"Thank you" she said excitedly, she loved the bouquet, it symbolizes good luck, the blooms mean wealth, honor and fortune. Looking at her happy face, Nabil felt enlivened. Such little things made her happy. "I made your dream come true" he said and she jumped in excitement. Looking at food filled trolley at the side of the bed, she was happy beyond imagination. She immediately sat back on the foot of the bed and dive in.

She picked the coffee mug, took a sip and moaned in ecstasy, which made him chortle. She delved into eating the food, "this is really a dream come true" she said with a mouthful of waffle.
"Uhm" he hummed, and went back to the closet to get dressed. Halfway through her breakfast, her phone ring, she extended her hand to pick it up on the Harmony tall bedside table. She answered the call without checking the caller ID, knowing no one will call her early in the morning expect Mufeeda. The girl won't let her rest or at least have a nice morning sleep, they just finished talking 30 minutes back but the girl is still calling her to attend to the office early.

"Say whatever you want to say Mufee I have better things" she said without letting the person at the end of the line talk.

"Congratulations Arc Maryam Afifah Habib'' A masculine thin yet sassed voice was heard and that confused her, since when did Mufeeda have deep voice as this, she retracted the phone from her ear to check the caller ID which was blank, it was an unknown number. But then, why is she even checking it or was it just to satisfy her curiosity because who's she kidding, definitely she can predict that person just by hearing his voice. She hissed as she contracted her brow in displeasure, "what made you call me," she said in a displeased tone.

"Oh oh, this early morning you are already angry, isn't it supposed to be the happiest morning for you" he said and then let out a deride laugh.

"That shouldn't be your business, whether I'm happy, angry, sad or anything. Mind your business" she said harshly, she herself couldn't tell why she was so worked up just for his mere words. Lately, he was used to calling her just to annoy the hell out of her in the name of him being her client.

"What would I expect, you are bound to be always in a bad mood. I pity you though, Having that grumpy as a husband, he must have__"

"Don't you dare say a word about my husband because I won't take it lightly on you. And yes I so much choose him over you" she bellowed at him. She has to stop him before he continues to abash her. What does he take himself for, that he can say whatever he wants to her lovely husband and she will just sit and hear him uttering that nonsense.

"Easy, easy there tigress I was just saying my mind" he sassed.

"Did I ask?" She retorted, "if you have nothing important to say I'm hanging off" she said and rolled her beetle's leg eyelashes.

"Well I call to congratulate you and to have a meeting with you" he said at the other end of the line. "There are some changes I want to make from the design" he added, knowing well that she will fire at him.

"I don't want your congratulations, so take it back, i already received the best one ever and about that, you should meet my Assistant for that not me" she said and hung off the call. She groaned tiredly, surely Sadiq is using this as a medium to get back at her and she can do nothing about that. Since when they started working with him, he never let a single day pass without irritating Afifah, he call in the name of a client and spout out what nonsense he has in his mouth, he call just to aggravate her which he was succeeding, because Afifah will be always work out. Definitely he had a motive behind but she couldn't point a finger at that.

He just spoiled her mood early in the morning, her romantic breakfast was long forgotten, looking back at the tray filled of mouth watering dishes, the flower petals in decor. She decided to just ignore him and continue having her breakfast, it wasn't like she can get this every day, so she should enjoy while it last.

"Who are you talking to?" Nabil asked, waltzing out of the closet, fully dressed in his uniform attire which accentuated his looks and his double breasted blazer on his arm. Nabil was really handsome with great features, glowing tan skin that made Afifah to appreciate him whenever she saw him, but whenever he put on his uniform attire, it was like a different person, not him. Like the uniform was just made for him alone because of how he gave it exact meaning.

"A ...a client" she stuttered while answering, looking everywhere but him. Nabil overheard her talking to someone in a harsh tone but he couldn't tell what she said, and when he saw her changed demeanor, he knew there must be something she was hiding but he did dwell on that. She will open up when she is ready.

He shrugged and moved to the vanity table to pick his hat. "Take care of yourself" he said as he was about to leave, She nodded.

It immediately fell to her, she left the bed in hurry to catch up with him.
"Wait...., Aren't you returning today" she asked, he asked her to take care of herself, is he not returning back. He stopped on his track and looked back at her.

"Maybe I will, maybe not," he replied. She looked at him in confusion, her brows knitted with a lip slanted. "What do you mean?" she asked.

"I can tell if we are to return on this exact day, because of the fog. If the weather is good then we are good to come back too" he replied and she nodded in understanding. "Bon voyage then" she said.

He nodded in appreciation, moving closer to her, he gave her a kiss on her forehead and walked away, and that enlivened her, that is all that she wanted, love and care. He changed her spoiled mood, little action or interaction from him made feel like the happiest woman on earth. She wasn't greedy, a slight thing satisfied her. She jumped in excitement and returned back to the room to get ready and face the world. She has to brace herself so she can deal with that scumbag, she has to put in more effort and finish with him so she can be free from all his harassment...

**

Sadiq dare to call Nabil grumpy, oh oh. He was courting his dead..💃💃😁