chap 58; Euphoric ecstasy

Three years later

Crowds of pedestrians, shoppers and others can be seen walking along the pavement outside the shops or trying to cross the road. The noise of cars and taxi hooting. Anyone who stops by to watch the scene is amazed at the number of vehicles zooming past or crawling along when caught at the traffic lights. She groaned for the nth time regretting why she chose this way when she could have followed the highway straight. She chooses the easiest and fastest way home but she ends up in a hold up,with a crowded and busy street, the never ending pedestrian kept on traipsing.

Honking loudly at the car In Front of her, she huffed out an exasperated sigh before leaning back on the car seat with her one hand on the steering wheel while the other on her head. She checked what the time on her wrist watch was and sighed again. She looked irritated and annoyed at the way the cars were moving. A hand pulled out the sleeve of her silk abaya gaining her attention. She looked at the tiny hand before looking the person. She smiled happily at the little barbie to which she smile back innocently which made her worries all gone. She can do anything to girl at the moment and not regret it ever

The little girl extended her hand to Afifah's face, she looked at her confusedly then the girl gestured for her to have a bite of the frosty cupcakes in her hand, due to how her mouth was full she couldn't speak. Afifah accepted it gladly, she took a small bite from it and let the girl have the remaining with a besotted smile adorning her lips. "It's Sweet tight?" The girl asked while still chewing her cake.

Afifah nodded at her, "yes, it is good" she said to the girl, staring at her face which almost got her laughing. Her face was marred with frost, her hand and the pink ball gown she was wearing at the moment was also spoiled. Instead of the girl looking weird, Afifah finds her mesmerizing and so cute. Her cutie pie. She let out a giddy chortle before picking up a tissue paper and wiper to clean the girl.

"Mami, uncle beel is at home right" the girl asked and Afifah nodded while cleaning up her face. "Yess" she sequeled happily and that made Afifah laugh at her.

The car started moving again and she drove along, hoping it would not stop until she arrived home. It's already dark and she knows at any moment Nabil will call to ask her where she stopped. She knew him well to say that. And like she predicted, a call came in right at the moment. She picked the phone from where it was kept without further checking she received the call.

"I will be at home in the next few minutes, don't worry" she said as soon as she answered the call, she knew was guilty that is why react that way. There was a moment of silence before the person at the end of the line exhaled a breath. She can hear it. "Okay, drive safely" his tone laced with worries was heard before the call ended. She let out the breath she didn't know she was holding.

Looking back at Inara who has been quiet for the first time, eating all her junk with no care in the world. She must be tired because of the long day they had. Groggily, she sipped her capri sun, her eyes were drowsy, she asked "are you sleepy". The girl nodded groggily. She reclined back the seat so she could relax before reaching home. And from there, she stopped nowhere except at the gate of their gigantic mansion, honked for the gatekeeper to open the gate and then drove in a haste. She parked the car at the foyer not minding to park at the garage.

Dismounting the car, she moseyed towards the other side and picked up the girl gently, adjusting her head on her shoulder. She closed the car door and then opened the backdoor. To pick the scattered paper bags placed at the back seats.

She walked in struggling with both the girl and the heavy shopping and takeout bags in her hand. The girl is getting heavier day by day she wonder what Sumayya was feeding her. Trying to open the front door with the thumbprint but before she opened it it was pulled open. Nabil opened the door widely and frowned not immediately. He stood In Front her, not allowing her to pass in. Seeing her struggle, he collects the girl from her and moves in leaving her standing In Front of the door confused. What is wrong with him. She knew he was mad at her for staying out long but what is with the sudden frown just by the mere look of her. Shrugging off, she walked in also dropping all the things on the center table.