chap 68; Bratty lady

Afifah Made her way through the hallway to the direction of Ammiey office,she looked exhausted, almost dragging her feet. Nevertheless, she looked vibrant and ravishing in her mustard yellow full skirt gown with a cashmere veil draped over her head perfectly. She swayed, her gown flying in the process while her Fendi bag was in her hand nonchalantly flipping it around her finger. She burst open the door when she arrived, knocking her head twice internally for forgetting to knock before entering. Blame Nabil for that. Walking In at same time, two grown up men with a middle aged woman were making there way outside the office, all eyes were turned to her direction because of the sudden jerk from the door. The meeting seems to have just ended.

Her lips curved in a bashful grin when her eyes came in contact with Ammiey's. She glared at her before looking away from her, she knew her fault. Cleared her throat and smile slightly in acknowledgement to the other two occupant of the office. "You must be Arch Maryam, CEO of Afifah construction company right?" One of the man excalimed in recognition. He looked exquisite and cheerful in his black Armani suit. "Yes I'm, sorry to interrupt you" she apologized.

"No you don't have to worry, we are already done" he quickly articulated, she raised her brow slightly before looking at the other two.

"Uhm" Ammiey started, "Mr Othman, Dr Sadiya and Dr harun, meet my daughter Maryam, you must have heard about her before" Ammiey used it as a que to introduced them, proudly showing her daughter to them.

"Who haven't heard about the lioness, ofcourse we heard about her" the woman which introduce as Dr Sadiya commented. Afifah let a wry smile trying hard to make it to be real, she wasn't In the mood to meet people, she faked it successfully because that is what she was mastering all the time this days. She exchange pleasantries with them, they seems like businessemen judging by their expression. They must be there for business related stuff because she never meet them in the hospital before, her speculation came true when she gaze at Mr Othman, she has a feeling that she knew him but can't put a finger where. He must be in his late 30s, with a stoic expression.

"The face behind such a great company. Such a young and confident lady. Nice to meet you" the first person to have talk earlier whose name Afifah was yet to grab said.
His hand stretched out in shake manner, "I'm Dr harun," He introduced once again. Afifah overlooked his stretched hand still appreciating his compliment. Shaking ands was never her thing when it comes to men, she is married woman ofcourse.

" Indeed, such a self made, I see" Mr Othman nodded, smiling or was it smuggling, she couldn't tell. "You quietly raised the standard of women in the community, we want more women like you" the Woman commented, she gave her a half smile in appreciation.

"Beauty and brain" Dr Harun whispered to no one in particular. He seems  whipped already, galvanized by the walking beaut in front of him making him hard to take off his eyes from her. He stared openly that almost make her roll her eyes but she stood her ground to not react. She is married woman for God sakes.

Ammiey got that as a chance to walk them outside when she perceived her daughter's demeanor. Afifah cringed and sighed, moseyed to the sitting area and sprawled her self on the sofa in a tud, her black Fendi bag dropped on the ground, lossened up her veil. She felt lethargic to do away with her Nike sneakers leaving them on.

Not long, Ammiey returned back. She walked to her daughter and sat beside her, "you're back" Afifah stated, raising up her head and kept it on Ammiey's lap serving as pillow.

"Yes, how are you?" Ammiey queried, her hand caressing her soft cheeks.

"Fine? I don't know" Afifah whinged. Truthfully, she didn't know if she was fine or not. She is just waking like a living corpse, with nothing to feel. She was emotions block.