Chap 32: father's love

In the gigantic hospital room, Afifah sat on with her father beside her busy feeding her food.
"Mamana eat this, it's the last one"Alhaji Suleiman said, making a funny face to wheedled his daughter to eat the morsel in his hand.

"Dad that is what you have been saying and you made me eat more than five morsel" She griped, shaking her head in denial. She move her face pouting in the process. Alhaji Suleiman sat besides her on the big modern hospital bed that can occupy four people, he was dressed in a casual clothing, a brown kaftan which give his fair skin the exact meaning, it accentuated his skin and make him look younger than his age.

"Okay after this one no more" he promised attempting to put the food in her mouth "eat this one and then we should chat" he said and she agreed accepting the morsel. "That is the last one" She reminded him when she saw him attempting to feed her another one.

"Okay I leave it, you should drink some water" he said looking around to find where the water is and when he saw it, it was abit far from him. "Kai what are you looking at get me the water or should I get it myself" he said to Nabil who was sitting at far end of the room, he was busy watching the duo with a keen interest, the father and daughter where busy feeding him dog food. They forget about his existence in the room, he felt like the third wheel between them. And now when they need him they remembered him. He stood up from his chair and waltzed to the fridge, he picked a chilled water with a glass cup and give to his father.

He was on his way back to his chair when his father fire at him "How can you give me a chilled water do you want to kill my daughter" he said to his son, he didn't know why Nabil was neglegence she was just out of the ICU for just three hours but he is now giving her a cool water. "Sorry Dad i was lost in my thoughts, I will changed it don't worry" Nabil said returning back to change the bottle water with those one that wasn't in the fridge.

After he changed it, Alhaji Suleiman again pour the water in the cup and made her drink it himself. "Nabil you should go call the doctor so they can treat her burn skin I don't like seeing it like this, let not be infected with germs" he said to his son, seeing her slouchy hand worried him, he was fused at first when he saw it, he scolded every one in the room at that time more especially his wife which had no idea what happens, her fault was she didn't send enough maids to his daughter's house that is why all this happened, if there are enough people with her at home they will have bring her to the hospital or call for help. His daughter suffered the pain alone with no one to come to her rescue. Afifah tried to defend them but he made her keep quiet and not utter a word saying she is still sick and to much talks will not be good for her she should just rest and he fight for her.

He kept ranting until word are not coming out of mouth, and them knowing about his personality, they let him till he finish. After the scolding session, he sent his wife together with Sumayya to go home and make a very scrumptious and healthiest meal for her and they left with no word even though there are alot of dishes. He sent them away just to spend his alone time with his loving daughter, he even sent Nabil after blackmailing him, saying since he can take good care of his wife he should go he will stay for her but Nabil was adamant on staying. At the end he regret his choice because they all forget about his existence.

Nabil went to call Dr Aisha, but learned that she is in the theatre room conducting a surgery so he have came with the doctor who help them to the ER yesterday. "The outer layer have to strip off because it's already slouchy and have some fluid inside" she explained after examination the part which was burned, it already held some water inside so it have to be out. They agreed and she start to peel it and Afifah winced in pain. "Doctor do it carefully it's hurting her" Alhaji Suleiman scolded the doctor, seeing her wince in pain made him think she is doing it roughly. Dr Aleena nervously nodded, the mighty Alhaji Suleiman is scolding her she have to act on her good and caring side if she want to live. His tone alone shuddered her and what will happen if he act on her, that will be total disruption.