chap 69; Inara

Jalil and his wife with their little champ in Jalil arms made their way into Nabil's residents buoyantly, exchanging talks merrily. The family of three are always happy and content with each other, the little girl makes a joke with her childish tone making her parents laugh at her. Afifah's eyes were all on them from the front door because she was sitting in the living room. She admired them badly, she wanted to also have that small family around her, she couldn't wait to have someone to call her mama, her ears were eager to hear the countless cries, jokes and jabber of the small version of her. She couldn't wait to hold that version of her in her arms securely and protect him/her from the evil of the world. Alas, all her wishes will be in vain because maybe she will never experience that, —yes, she is beginning to lose hope anymore. Four years it's not a joke.

"Mami" a loud excited voice jolted her out of her reverie, she was lost again. Inara ran ecstatically to her aunt and pounced on her, a big satisfied smile adorned her face. Finally in the arms of her aunt, Inara laughed gladly.

Sumayya and Jalil exchange a look before looking at the duo, the little zone out of Afifah hasn't missed them, they know she was depressed and what happened between her and Nenah will add much to her worries and that wouldn't make things better for all of them, including Nabil. Talking about him, he also was amazed by the interaction between Afifah and Inara. He left his work and stared at them exchanging their special pleasantries.

"Oh My baby girl" Afifah called out as she picked up Inara to her lap, she hugged her, then smooched her all over her cheeks, Inara also did the same. Their little gesture always didn't seize to amaze everyone. No one will ever think Inara wasn't the biological daughter of Afifah because the girl is exactly like her, from the looks to the behavior. The little girl has the aura of changing the dull environment into a lively one. "Mami I so much missh you" Inara said with juvenility in her tone. Afifah chortled willingly, she was delighted hearing the little girl say that, The girl was young but she has the ability to make someone happy. She was impressed with every bit of the girl's attitude. She was like (name of someone that always makes a person happy). "I miss you too " Afifah said with utmost enthusiasm, they look at each other and grinned.

"So you didn't miss me baby zee" Nabil voice chirped in, disturbing them from their happiest moment. Inara looked sideways, to her right side. She finds Nabil sitting on a couch adjacent to Afifah with his Macbook in his hand. "Uncle beel, I missed you too" she said but went on to add and burst his bubbles ''but not as much as I miss Mami '' she said and they burst out laughing, Nabil sulked showing his displeasure like a child.

"Mami you know what I brought" she asked when the laughter died down, Afifah shook her head while saying "no". Inara chuckles and gets down from Afifah's lap and runs back to her mother, she collects the small bag from her mother. Ecstatically, she went back to her Mami. "Guess what is inside," she asked.

"Your clothes" Afifah answered not sure, she knew it wasn't.

"Ops Mami, why would I bring clothes all the way here? Have you forgotten that I have many clothes in this house? '' Inara said dramatically, scratching her head in exaggeration. "Oh yes yes I remember" Afifah played out. "So little chops, like snacks and ice cream" she guessed again. This time Inara flapped her forehead lightly and turned around.

"Mami, are you okay? '' she asked when she turned back, extended her hand to Afifah's neck, used the back of her palm to feel Afifah's temperature as her mom always does to her to check on her, even If she is fine nothing wrong with her. Just because of too much affection she had for her niece. "Your pastry is always filled with all these kinds of things. Why would I bring them?" she said, like a big girl, she is always full of talk. As a little girl like her, she never lacks what to say. She is always ready. All the people in the living room burst out laughing hysterically, the aunt and the niece drama was  like a TV show to them. They all sat busy enjoying the drama unfolds.