chap 20: site visit

I always dream of becoming architect since I'm a bairn. Create, design and build an edifice is always my passion, and all I can say is a dream came true, because having the prefix of arch before my name feel so surreal and incredible. Having the professionalism to turn the building design in to reality. Every child has an ambition,a hidden talents, an aptitude but with the support of a parent everything fall easy in his path.

I am a kind of a child that always drawing a structure,all my books have many design of houses, I have hard time setting still,I'm always exploring, playing with things in hand and my mind never seems to rest. I'm that kind of students you see must often in the principal office. Typically, always breaking the rules because I found a better or easier way.

Having the nature to push and to commit to my quest, for better or worse. Knowing that I get the work done in the half the time, sometimes with out enough care to make it correct,but with the intent to get to what matters most.

Persistent to try to solve the challenge that I created for my self, the obstinate part in me always yelling never give up. I will push and push and push for more time to find the perfect solution, which is why deadline and requirements along with challenges are always given in our field. I always have a zest in life, that is to be honest exhausting. More often than not,my mind occupy an  architectural plane of my own leaving the rest Wondering what is going on 'up there'.

All gratitude to my parents,when they see the zeal in me,they embrace it,give me a purpose for what I'm doing, support my attempt and also create challenges for me to solve. They encourage me to try,fail, find and better solution and try again. They teach me to communicate my creative conclusions on paper ant in the spoken word. More especially my father,he helped alot since when I'm young, taking any site to see how works where going, showing many charts of building designs, he is the first person to encourage my passion. I have my purpose when given the freedom to use my talents to solve a problem. The trait of an aspiring architect can be overwhelming, challenge my busy minded and enjoy my creativity.

But on days like this,I asked my self the reason I choose to be an architect,why I want to be an architect in the first place. Spending all day at the site under the hot blazing sun penetrating my precious skin, my brain boiling due to the heat, but can't do anything about that,I have to supervise everything to make it perfect with no mistake,make things to the taste of a client.

Being an architect is not a child play, many responsibility will force upon you. You have to control project from start to finish to ensure high quality,take brief to identify client's needs, produce blue print and make any necessary correction,compile project specifications keep within budget and timelines. You have to ensure that all works are carried out to specific standard, building codes, guidelines and regulations,make on site visit to check on project status and report on project. Spending all your time to follow architectural trends and advancements,proven your working experience as an architect. You have to have excellent drawing skill and familiarity with design software, strong imagination and the ability to think and create in three dimensions.

But when ever my designs came to reality,I feel proud of myself,I'm happy to see a construction which no one other than me have done it, all I can say is Alhamdulillah, that's my biggest achievement In life.

And today is not just other days,I have to visit the site, which I usually do one a week or once a month, depending on how much the project required my supervision. Since I begin the foundation of the construction, it is not out of line for them to offer a general supervisory role from the beginning of the construction till it's completion. Seeing my designs come alive through construction is always some thing very fulfilling, this is why I make the realization possible by monitoring the whole construction process from start to finished.

Standing in a light peach baggy chiffon long sleeve shirt, with a dark peach palazzo pants. A veil drape over my head with a yellow helmet, sturdy boot on my feet, a green vest usually for work over my clothing and a black sunglass on my eyes to protect ny eyes, all ready set to work. I walked through the undergoing construction to supervise everything, and it seems everything is going as planned, Mr Wali was doing great. Mufeeda was by side, we overview the designs and construction at same time,it was an estate building with twelve apartments for multimillionaire line at the outskirts of the city, making the work so hectic even though I constructed more difficult work than this,but I can't help it with this blazing hot sun.

"Miss Suleiman I see you are back" Mr Wali uttered with a toothy grin. A man in his early 30s, the engineer in charge of the building. "Yes engr Wali, I'm back for good" I replied.

"Sai kawai naji kin Yi aure abunki; I just heard you got married" he said despondently. I always known he have something for me, albeit he never said it,we always act formally. But from the way he always talk, smile constantly, stare much be at me when I'm around. A girl can always know whenever a man admire her but she always choose to be ignorant.

"Eh wlhi Mr Wali,it happened in haste" I replied him with a small smile, "I see, the work is going well" Added trying to divert from that talk.

"Yes Alhamdulillah, if you don't mind let me give you a tour" he offered, which I replied with a go ahead,it will be easier if he explained things to me.

Wrapped up everything almost at dawn, I drive my self back home, stopover at the grocery store to get everything I will need,all veggies and fruit. Giving the master card to pay which was given by Ya Nabil. I payed everything with no damn care,he chose that for himself. I have my money to take care of my self but as a caring husband he is, he said it's his responsibility to take care and provide everything I will need.

I want to have a very good rich meal cook by myself, so I got everything I will need. I walked in to the quite lonely house with just me,the guard man and a maid. I dismissed all the maid leaving only one to help with the cleaning and dusting of the house. Mummy persisted on having more than one maid saying the house is so big for me, I won't mind doing that myself but that is what happened when you have a loving mother and a caring mother in law in one package. Pampered is understatement of what you get.

Anyway,I kept the shopping bags on the kitchen counter and sauntered out of the kitchen to my room. I freshen up,put on a loose gown to feel freely and comfortable. I went to the kitchen ready to get to work. I met the maid, Meena I think was her name, yes Amina. She already sort out every thing I bought. "Sannu da zuwa anty" she greeted when she saw me. "Yawwa Amina,how are you"

"I'm fine how is work"

"Hectic" I muttered. Meena was a girl at age of 17, beautiful girl with a brown skin type. She's bubbly and a carefree girl, there is no full moment with her. We get along so easily. She helped me with cutting part and I cook.

By the time we finished,she is already salivating. "Uhm it smell so heavenly" she beamed. "That,I Know" I said jokingly. We ate talking in the kitchen,if you know me you will already pinned that I always like eating in the kitchen with out going to the dining room, I just feel like it is stressfulness, I cooked there so why won't I eat there without stressing my self to move to the dining and later on, return the food warmer,used plates, spoons and other things back. Make senses right.

We watched a movie together to while time away,I take her as my little sister, I feel less lonely with her, that reminds me I'm going to invite all my siblings to stay with me, If I can't go back to me they can come to me right.

It have been a week since ya Nabil left and I hate to admit it, I missed his presence. Mayhap because I'm alone,I tried as much as I can to not think about him,since the he left I heard nothing from him, except the call we have the day he landed which just last for two minutes, and that he called to remind me of his rules like the despot he is, telling me do this and don't do that as if I'm his child. Mtcheww

I got my self busy with my work since I have already have plenty on my plate, due to the long leave I took since from the preparation of the wedding and all the honeymoon things. The day I returned to office,my table is full of unfinished projects, everyone slacked at his/her duty, even the flowers can tell the boss lady is not around because they were left untrimmed. I have to work till 9pm before I went back home,so exhausted.

I retired to the bed earlier than usual due to how tired I'm. The moment my head hit the bed,I dozed off immediately.

#####

.