chap 30; you're the cure

Three hour passed like a thin air, with no clue of what is happening in the emergency room, even with him glancing in he couldn't know what is happening since he wasn't a medical practitioner. At the end, he gave up because seeing her did nothing but torment him. He kept pacing around and when ever a nurse walk out he approach her but heard nothing. With all the cooling system in the VIP waiting room he was still feeling hot.

After what look like a forever, Dr Aisha came out of the ER, her facial appearance wasn't good. He hurriedly rose to his feet eager to hear what she has to say. "How is she" he questioned, trembling abit. The Doctor sighed, she didn't know where to start from. "She will be transfer to the ICU before her breathing become stable for now" , hearing the word ICU hagridden him, any one in his place will do more or equal to what he did, having a closed relative in the intensive care unit isn't a small thing, a place you wouldn't even wish for your enemy. But for Afifah or other asthmatic patient that isn't a new thing to them, they are used to it. Is not like they have any other option they must be there if they want to live even though they were not quite sure they will come out alive. "Will she be fine" he asked stuttering, he was agitated hearing that.

Dr Aisha's demeanor wasn't good at all, her mouth is full of talk but can't find her self pouring it out all, Nabil who's good at reading people's expression knows there are more for her to say. "She will be okay in Sha Allah, just need some prayer" she assured him even she her self wasn't quite assure. "Let talk in my office" she added, seeing the place didn't worth the talk. She walk away leaving standing there, deliberating whether he should follow her or not, is he ready to hear what she has to say. Only God knows that. At the end, he decided to follow her, any thing to be done most be done, seeing her in pain pained him, he must do anything to help her out. If he needs to take her to end of the world to cure her then he will even if he will lose his life on the way.

That time he promised him self but he will he able to keep to his promise when he was tell of what the cure is, will he be able to do that?. Only time can tell.

Matching to her pace, he walked in to Dr Aisha's office which is so scrumptious and gigantic for a hospital to have that as an office, seeing the name tag on the table, she was due to have that. Dr Aisha Muhammad, the CMD of the Silver garden hospital. Seating on her leatherette chair, she heeved a sigh. She gestured for him sit down which he did. "She is in critical condition" she started after checking Afifah's file record, Nabil keenly looked at her not knowing what to say.

"Due to the unbearable pain in her lower abdomen and the cried out in pain she did inflamed her lungs, caused her to found difficulty in breathing which caused her asthma to attacked and so she need intensive care treatment" she started

"What cause the pain in her lower abdomen" Nabil asked, clueless as to why she is in pain. "you are nescience about her condition" she asked him surprised that he didn't know about what his wife was suffering for ages. She thought her sister inform him about or he knew it him self since they live in the same house, either way he supposed to know about that. He nodded obliviously, not knowing about any condition she was talking about, he is only aware of her severe asthma since she was born with other than that he know nothing about other illness.

"She is suffering from endometriosis for almost nine year now, and now she is in her last stage which she need a surgery". Nabil was dumbfounded hearing her uttering that,his eyes widened. He never ever hear of that. He remembered hearing his mother saying something about endometriosis once a time which he pay no heed to it, thinking it is just some kind of asthma problem so he didn't dwell on that, that wasn't his field and to talk of he is not always at home too for the past 10yrs she's talking about. "What is this endometriosis" he asked, keenly interested in knowing what is it. She adjusting her magnifying glass which accentuate her beauty on her  aquiline nose before she start.