chap 61; Boss lady

It's still a wonder how Nabil changed so much in the past years, everything about him is now sentimental. Loving, caring and clingy are the three basic words she could describe how he was. Such a besotted panther he became and she loved that. So much. Such words that were missing in Nabil's vocabulary before. 

The funniest of all is how he became very clingy, he loves to be by her side every moment. Nabil loves to make her feel special all the time, he loves to compliment her outgoing personality, her features, and her etiquette. He so much likes to compliment every thing about her, it brushes off like it was nothing. Something he never did before. She is the complete opposite of him, they say the opposite does attract much and that is what happened. He found himself liking everything about her.

She is much more free around him now not like before, they became like a buddy. Nabil cares so much about her more than before, he looks after her in all aspects. Afraid of losing her again. Still that office incident was at the back of his head making him feel insecure always. And that thing annoyed her the most, him not forgetting about that incident.

Talking about the office, she remembered she promised to go to his office today. She is going to take him out on a date. She quickly rounded up her work and left for his company.

Walking inside the building she knew it inside and out like her second home. All the employees looked her way, sending their greetings to their boss lady, which she answered with a small smile on her lips. Her stride were elegant and faultless, looking like the boss herself. After all she is. Most of the employees like her except for some female bimbos who have their eyes on her husband. They were sneering and rolling their eyes from the side but she didn't give a damn care about them. The lion never care when dogs were barking. They can never have what is hers and that is a most.

She exchange a light pleasantries with his assistant when she walk into his suite who told her that his boss is busy and he asked to not be disturb but she walked in with no care. She is never a disturbance in any slightest way to him. Is not like they can stop her, they wouldn't dare. She is more of their boss than their boss himself. Maybe because she was con​nois​seur in that aspect for years. Her aura alone exudes the fear, strictness and not so easy going boss lady. Not that she wasn't a little bit lenient, her employees can tell that.

Pushing the door open, she stepped in like she owned it. Scrutinizing the office which never ceases to amaze her, her eyes fall on her busy handsome man, with all his attention on the MacBook Infront of him, typing hastily. She stared with no blinking away, he looked handsome and spellbound, dressed in black tux giving him the businessman look. She always thought seeing him in his pilot uniform is the best sight to behold but she was proven wrong anytime he is in a businessman mood. Pilot or businessman, he is the best.

"Take a picture, it lasts longer" he voice drifted her from her little dream. She let out a bashful grin and removed her sunglasses before traipsing to his side. "How do you know it's me?" she asked, she is Well aware that he didn't look up from that screen. Or was she that lost that she didn't notice.

"Who will come into my office this way, except you ofcourse" he replied making this way to her, she smiled Knowing what he really meant, she walked in without knocking or invitation which she both learned from him. He is good at that aspect. He met her halfway, hugged and welcomed her in.

"You're still working?" she questioned, looking at the scattered table with many files open and papers. "Uhm" he gave her a throaty answer.

"Well, you're stopping here. I'm taking you out for lunch" she put her handbags with her glass on the table and stretched out her leg to relax.

"A date" he raised a brow and she nodded. "Awn, such a romantic wife I got" he beamed proudly earning a chortle from her.

"I'm always romantic, but what will I do when my husband is always busy with work? Such a workaholics' ' she yucked, throwing her hand in the air nonchalantly. "Says the queen herself" he concurred, making her snort. Afifah was more workaholics than Nabil in some aspects. The woman's hard work and persistence always shocked him, making him question his efforts.

"Let me wrap this up quickly and then we shall go. I can't wait" he muttered the last words to himself but she heard him. She laughed at his giddiness. She entertained herself with everything in the office. Going through most of the files, the magazine and any other ornament she found attractive. He shook his head at her curiosity, she is always like a bairn. Who could have thought that Afifah the business world knows behave like a kid around her husband and her loved ones. The child in her will never grow up.

She took him to her favorite and best restaurants in town. The place was calmed giving that solace and serenity loving couples always want. It wasn't crowded with just a few people here and there also minding their business. They ordered their meals and indulged in not so meaningful talks. It's always silly. Wait… when did Nabil learn to be silly. He waa always sensible, serious and gruff. When did he learn that?.

"You like it" she meant the place. She knew he hated crowded places so she brought him there. "Yes, less crowded and beautiful" he said looking around the place. "But to what did I owe this treatment"

"What, can't a wife treat her husband well" she feigned innocence. Zilch, both she and he knows that is a lie. "I just missed you," she added. Nabil wasn't in town for the past three days, he flew to Cairo. He was still a pilot but more like a private pilot now. He was now a ATP commander which made him hardly travel around making him tend to his company More. Their meals were brought and so they dived in.

"You know–" she started, wiped her mouth with a tissue and pushed her plate backwards, "I have been meaning to ask you" her eyes looking gloomy all of a sudden, lacking the previous euphoric glint. He asked what it was and she went on. "We never think about the future, we never talk about having kids" she dropped what was bothering her all the time.

He exhaled a sigh, dropped the fork. "My dear, the future is not in our hands. It's not for us to see or to talk about it." He pursued and then continued, "and about kids. We don't have to rush things, raising kids is not a child's play. It requires great effort and many sacrifices, almost all from you. Are we ready, are you ready for it? Kitten, for me it will be one beautiful moment with you but for you, it will be a complete 180 degree change from your routine, your priorities, your responsibilities, everything." Wow, he actually thought that way, her heart flutters.

"But do you love them?" she questioned.

"Of Course I do" what? Did she expect him to not. He loves kids of course, how can he not. Children are the fruit of this life, they are the ones making our life meaningful and succulents.

"Then we have to plan one" she muttered happily. He looked happy also, he held her hand and gave it a gentle kiss on the back of her palm.