chap 6 : Revealation; you're bethroted since birth

Have confidence in your self

A F I F A H

I was busy sketching designs on a sketch pad when Sumayya notified me that my mother came,I instantly drop everything and rush out to meet her.

"Ammiey" I shouted happily embracing her in a tight warming hug perceiving her heartwarming scent

"Do you want to break my bones"

"I miss you so much Ammiey"

"We are just together last week remember"

"I still missed you"

"Hajiya Hauwa'u barka da zuwa" mummy said approaching us

"Yauwa Zainab how are you all"

"Alhamdulillah we are all fine have a seat mana, Afifah let her settle mana you keep clinging unto her" mummy said

"She didn't even give me a seat sai kace yarinya karama she keep snuggling into my arms "

"Ammiey you said I am still like a child you're breastfeeding so let me snuggle  deeply in to your arms"
They laughed loudly at my antics

"Naughty girl" my mum muttered

"Let her be she miss you so much"
Mummy sided me.

Just in time Daddy and bya Nabil make there way into the living room,they both exchanged pleasantries. We try to leave when they engaged them selves in a conversation,but then they stopped us, when I say we I mean I and Ya Nabil.

"We have an important matter we need to discuss with you two" daddy said.
We both sit-down,I sat close to my mum
Daddy clear out his throat. They all seems serious,I looked at all of their face which hold an unreadable expression,I glance at ya Nabil who looks nonchalant about the situation.

What is happening here?, what are they going to discuss with us?

"It's about the promise that was done since you two were kids" Daddy started " there is an arrangement of marriage between you two,you were betrothed since birth" he dropped the bomb

"WHAT" a voice yelled
You could be thinking who said that right?, Honorable ME, you thought it's ya Nabil right? But no it's me. All eyes were turned on me when I uttered that word, Ammiey shot me a glare saying keep quiet.

I lowered down my head muttering sorry. But then is my ear damage because I couldn't fathom what they are saying.

"Yes there is marriage arrangement between the two of you since the day you were born" Daddy said looking at me,I glance at Ya Nabil who already has his gaze on me,he didn't look surprise at all. I withdraw my eyes from him and look at my mother.

"Ammiey" I called out

"Yes baby,the day you were born your father out your hand in care of Nabil at that time he's six years older,he promised to get you married to Nabil when you both grow up,but before that could happen death take him away from us shouldn't that be good when we keep the promise" she explained but I'm not registering everything she says, just by the mere calling of my father my heartbroken.

"The reason we decided you live here is for you to be close with each other,get to know each other well so that when the time comes you wouldn't find it difficult to be together, but you two I don't know what is your problem with each other, you're behaving with each other like a long time enemies,you were never in good terms together always fighting like cat and dog, we couldn't tell from who the problem is so we decided to get you married maybe you will behave in your home"

The moment she finished her speech I couldn't find my tongue,I try to speak but find nothing coming out of my mouth,this Revealation is too heavy for me to carry,too hard for me to understand.

"Beside Nabil is already aware of this although he's just a child at that time but can still remember a thing" mummy added.
I look up at him,he's sitting there unconcern about the situation,with no care in the world. So everyone is aware of this I was the only one left in the dark,all this while no one tell me about it. I lowered my head down not able to look at every one.

"Nabil when are returning back to Oman" daddy cut the thin silence

"In three months time" he replied unhurriedly

"Good,the marriage will take place in two months time"

"What is there to wait for,set it in one month time I believe we are not waiting for anything" Ammiey objected

"Let not hurry thing,lets give them some space and get to know each other" Mummy said

"Get to know each other that they didn't do for all their life's and the past seven years they are living together you think would be accomplish in two months,let them get married and get to know each other for the rest of their lives "

This is my mum for you,she can't even give me some time to register everything in my brain, wouldn't she pity me for God sake.
I don't know when a lone tear slip out of my eye,I couldn't even tell the reason why.

Is it because I was betrothed to him? Or because I was left in the dark all this while? Is it because I hate or love that idea?
I excuse my self from the living room and left to my room,I couldn't take that.

As I set my feet in my room,I was immediately engulfed in a hug,I have to cry out before the person released me.

"Can't breath "

"I'm so happy now my sister will be my sister in-law" said Sumayya,excitement is evident in her voice and face.
I just sprawled my self on the bed leaving her standing there.

"Aren't you happy" she ask approaching me

"I don't  know"

"What, you're crying this called for celebration Oh I get it,it's happy tears right?" she again said

"Truth to be told I don't know why I'm crying"

"Tell me the truth do you love our brother,I mean my brother" she said with a smile

"Are you kidding me,how can I love the person that all he knows is to yell,shout, scold and frown at me,I have no idea why he hate me"

"No he didn't hate you it's just how he is,his coldness is to everyone"

"Not everyone just to me alone"

"Yeah because you're different from everyone" I sent her a very deadly glare

"What don't look at me like that, beside that's brother and sister relationship,now will be fiance and fiancee soon will be husband and wife" she said happily as if she's the going to marry her crush. I just stare at her stupidified

"By the way how did you know about this or you also have the knowledge about it"

"No I evesdropped,you know there is no way I will let this kind of news skip me"

"Sumayya can you please leave me alone"

"What I ...

"I said I want to be alone" I said abit raising my voice

"Okay I will go I already have a lot of things to do,I have to reveal this exciting news to everyone and start preparing for the marriage"

"You better go and read you've exam remember"

"I Know I will,dream all about my brother"
She said teasingly "bye" she muttered
Naughty girl

I will be getting married soon to non other than ya Nabil,this a disaster.

######

Ohhh
I deserve an appreciation,4 chapters in less than a week.

Show some Love by voting and commenting.

who see that coming? I know many of you guess

I can hear a wedding bells ringing
Get ready for the upcoming wedding

Bye,❤️❤️❤️
Haniyyerh-X