Chap 28; Rêve

The next day came in a blur, the striking sun hit Afifah's face,the birds are chirping. She groan lightly covering her face with the soft duvet to avoid the sun hitting her her face even though it wasn't hot, but it reflection disturbed her. Been a weekend, she decided to enjoy her sleep before waking up. An hour later she woke up, put on her fluffy robe over her short lingerie, groggily she walked to the balcony, it's pretty foggy outside due to winter, the weather was so chilly.

Going to the bathroom, she fill the bathroom with hot water, putting on some bathing Essential oils with fragrance booster which was jasmine and other bathing scrub, She get in ready to enjoyed her self, when she was in the tub she felt relax all her sore joint seems at rest, spending some time scrubbing her body until the water temperature start to reduce, she make sure she is smell like a Jasmine, she decided to wash her hair. Almost an hour, she walked out of the the bathroom to the closet in her pink bathrobe with a small towel on her head.

Moisturized her soft skin, she dressed in blue sweatpants and sweatshirt because of the weather. Blow-dried her midback hair, she oiled it, her hair was so silk and long but it wasn't that full. She covered it with the cap attached to her shirt before sauntering to the downstairs. Upon arrival to the kitchen, delicious tantalizing aroma hit her nostril, she perceived the smell which made her asked who was cooking, knowing Meenah wasn't a good cook she doubt who's Cooking.

Her breath hitched, her heart beat accelerated seeing him in the kitchen, busy whisking a batter in a bowl. Nabil was in the kitchen, an apron over his clothes looking like a professional chef with it cap on top of his head. He look extremely handsome and stunning, his biceps flexed with every move he did with the whisk. She openly ogled at him, when he feel a presence he looked up, "you wake up" He asked going back to his work.

"Uhm good morning" she greeted walking into the kitchen. "Morning how are you" he asked which surprised her. For the first time he answered her greetings and even asked how she is. Before, when ever she greet him he answered with just a nod which she find it rude. "I'm fine, what are you doing" she asked peeping at the bowl and the pot on the fire which was streaming hot, a savory aroma wafting from it which make her stomach growled. "Break fast" he simply said.

"You shouldn't have bother I will have make it" she said trying to collect the whisk from him but he shunned that. "You are not fine yesterday and you seems tired so I let you sleep" he said spritzing a cooking spray on the waffle iron. "No let me do__" she tried to again collect it from him.

"No, just wait till I serve it" he said making her sit on the stool in the kitchen, moving toward the fridge, he bring out some blueberries. "Enjoy this before I finish" he said keeping it Infront of her, she smile at him muttering thank you. She wish he will always be like this, loving and caring. She is enjoying the new Nabil and not want the old one to return back, is like he left the old one in Oman. The new one always put a smile on her face and she love it, yes she love him, the days she stay with him, it is hard for her not fall for him, his smile alone is enough to make her fall all over in love with him. "So how did you learn to cook" she questioned throwing her berry in her mouth.

"I live alone by myself so I cook myself" he said, spreading the batter on the waffle iron. "You don't have a maid" she asked. He replied with his throat.
"Why don't you employ a maid" she asked interested to know how he live there. "I don't like people invading my privacy nevertheless I usually don't stay at one place so I either cook or order" he explained and she nodded in understanding.

When she perceived the aroma of freshly made waffle, she inhaled loudly. "You know I always dream of having a husband that can cook" she blurted even though she also didn't know why she said that but decided to go with the flow. "Really" he asked acting surprised even though he wasn't but find her amusing.