chap 65; unforeseen circumstances

Mamiiiii, " Inara called out, in her girly throaty voice. Ready to throw a tantrum. Afifah sighed, kept the highlighter that she was using on the table and turned to Inara who was disturbing her work. "What is princess?" she questioned. She turned on the girl her favorite cartoons. Why is she still disturbing her? She also gave her favorite candy even though she knew she shouldn't be given too much sugary things or anything for Inara if she could let her work fine.

"I want to dwaw" she whined with her lack of phonemes with a pouted cherry lips. She was admiring from afar all the time, she became enthusiastic to try what her Mami was doing. "What do you want to draw? '' Afifah questioned again, glad that the girl is becoming enticed with what she is doing.

Inara thinks for some minutes, her hand in a thinking manner atop of her head. She squealed when she got an idea, "you and I" she beamed proudly. Afifah giggles at her, she chose to draw no one but them, Not even her parents. "Okay, come" she called her to come closer.

She looked for a plain white A4 paper from her bag, one of her expensive pencils with cleaner, put it on a drawing board. "Go and ask mummy to give you some colored pencils,"she told the girl. She quickly ran to meet her grandmother, she chuckles at her actions wondering how the girl was so energetic all the time. Few minutes back, her loud squeals filled the lounge, singing together with her barbie doll while watching her cartoons. Afifah has to put her ear pod in so she can focus on her work. Asked her what she was doing at mummy's place at the time.

She also doesn't know, she just packed her stuff and branched at mummy's. Knowing Inara must be there since she was always there all the time when Sumayya or Afifah is at work. Sumayya works together with Ammiey, she graduated a year ago, Ammiey asked her to join her since no one will. No one followed in her footsteps except Sumayya and maybe Nimrah,  the girl also had a thing for doctors. Apart from them, everyone went their separate ways, Khaled also said he wanted to be like his elder brother. He always admired the pilots.

Inara came back earlier than what Afifah assumed with a pack of crayons and colored pencils. "I bwing both of them" she cheered, jumping happily, her hand in the air. Her jeans short skirt jumped with her. "Yes, let's start. Stop jumping too much, you are always strong, aren't you?" She raised her brow at her making Inara to envy that. She tried to learn that but she always failed to do so. Instead of raising one brow she raised both of them.

"Yes, Mami always says I'm strong" she beamed, raising up her arms to shout how strong she is. "Yes you're so strong" Afifah agreed.

She showed her how to draw and she began doing so. She intently held the pencil, her attention all focused on what she was doing. She was so keen and smart, grinning non stop while drawing. Afifah smiled seeing the zeal, aptitude in her. Maybe she should start teaching her small sketches since she likes it a lot. She also resumes her work leaving the girl all by herself.

Karima walked in the lounge still in her pajamas, she yawned, confirming that she just woke up. It's almost one and the girl is now waking up, she didn't blame her though, that is what sitting idle with nothing to do looks like. Afifah didn't even look her way, she is aware she is in the house with mummy but that will not stop her from coming to see her angel.

"Mami look, I'm done" Inara cheered happily, grinning from ear to ear as she showed Mami what she had drawn. numerous spoiled papers scattered on the floor. She drew her and Afifah sitting on a bench, a pink doll in her hand. Afifah's one hand on her head. She painted Afifah in blue while she was dressed in a burnt orange gown. The sketch is not perfect per se but it was so beautiful that Afifah couldn't help but feel something in her heart. Her love for this girl knows no bounds. "Wow it's so beautiful" she cheered together with the girl. The excitement was evident in her voice. "I love you so much Inara" she voices out and picks her cheeks.
"I love you Mami" the girl also did the same. Making Afifah's eyes become teary. Inara wasn't from her flesh and blood but the feeling she has for her she was sure even her own child will not receive more than that.