chapter 1: Family outing

If you think you can then you can

A F I F A H

An outing of two people changes out to be a family outing, after too much nagging from Sumayya she has no other option than taking her out. It’s not that she doesn’t like taking her out, but she is just scared of the aftermath. It’s a rule that whenever their brother is at home they can’t step out of the house after dusk, it’s not like they used to be out when he isn’t at home. It’s not like they used to be out when he isn’t at home, their mother also hates that but sometimes she lets them be. As for Nabil, his strictness knows no bounds and the fact they don’t get along with Afifah adds to it. They were like cats and dogs. He hates her so much for a reason known to him. So, she has no option but to stick to his rules to avoid problems.

So, they are finally out after the begging session with their mother before she lets them out. Sumayya even went as far as shedding tears, that girl is a drama queen. She will never rest until she gets what she wants.

They are currently dining at Cilantro Maitama restaurant, they invited Amara, Nimrah and Khaled with their friend Nafeesah being Afifah’s best friend and rukayya Sumayya’s best friend. Making it a family get together.  One of Afifah’s best moments is being together with her family, her loved ones, which truly care for her. It’s a moment filled with laughter, happiness, joy, excitement, blissfulness. Many jokes were shared, games were played, teasing, gist and banters were being made.

They went shopping after, everyone got busy picking goods for themselves, Sumayya engaged herself with the clothing line, she loves fashion. Her wardrobe is even out of place but she is still buying another one. Amara, Rukky and Nimrah are at ‘one step ahead’ checking shoes, bags and jewelleries. They are so freaky at looking good. Afifah and Nafeesah find a place to sit and catch.

‘‘I need some perfumes’’ Nafeesah said ‘‘mine are about to runoff’’ she added
‘’Let's go, I need to buy some too’’ Afifah agreed.

They move to the hummingbird and rose section where many strong and expensive perfumes are, but unfortunately, Afifah being asthmatic can’t use such strong perfumes. Strong perfumes, odors, and fragrance are common triggers of asthma attacks. She couldn’t withstand the smell of many perfumes especially those with high rates of ethanol and alcohol, in fact they are the sole reason for her intensity attack.

Mostly she used Eau fraiche perfumes or pacifica Indian coconut perfumes, they contain the lightest concentration. It is a suitable option since she loves perfumes. She also uses some oil perfumes. She loves smelling good.
‘‘how is you and Ya Nabil’’ Nafeesah suddenly asked her, she send her a skeptical look before replying ‘‘Ya Nabil, what was that for’’

‘‘you said he’s in town, I’m just wondering how he let you out at this time’’ she said her eyes on the perfume she hand-picked,
‘‘kibari kawai, I’m in trouble, Sumie insisted I’m still thinking of how we would go in without him knowing’’ she said perplexed ‘’’even though mummy knows but you know she is when it comes to him’’ she added.

Actually, it is not like he’s stronger than their mother, you know how African mothers are, their children can never be above them. Nabil is just always at the right side that their mother has no other alternative than to back him.

‘‘we better leave early then, before he notices both of you aren’t at home’’ Nafeesah suggested.

‘‘where are those girls’’ Afifah looked around in search of them.