chap 31; Women are strong

"Why do you think that my sister was adamant on getting the both of you married as soon as possible" she asked him, keeping both her elbow on the table, intertwined her fingers together. "Maybe she want to we us together" he said unsurely. He also didn't know why, he thought they think they are ready for marriage that is all. Dr Aisha shook her head in denial, "Any woman's dream is to see her children and any mother's dream also is to see her grandkids. Hold them in her arms, take good care of them more than what she did to her child, play with them, pamper them to the core and that is also the same to my sister. Seeing her dreams about to shatter, seeing her daughter lifeless body on the hospital bed bearing the excruciating pain alone, wished to take away the pain or take over the pain so her daughter can find ease but she can't" she stopped exhaling a sighed. She is also sympathetic about her niece health being, she pitied her and was worried about her.

"She foresaw this day when nothing can help her daughter except a surgery, and then finally when it came to her mind that the only cure for her daughter is you, you're the only one to cure her since your marriage alliance  was set since your childhood so she made you get married as soon as possible" she elaborated. He was surprised to heard that, he was appalled and was too bewildered to say anything. "But she never tell me about that" he asked addlepated. There was a look of perplexity on his face.

"She didn't want to make it as a responsibility force upon you" she said relaxing back to her seat. "But it's already my responsibility" he said suddenly with out knowing.

"That is it, it's already your responsibility she didn't need to remind you of that" she uttered abruptly, a bit louder this time. She is already sad about all this thing, she caressed her temple trying to calm her nerves down. He shot his eyes tightly feeling guilty of everything. "Look Nabil, no matter how close you are with her, no matter how you talk and share things between yourselves Maryam is her daughter. And no mother inlaw will ask her son in-law to get intimate with daughter with out his willingness." She again tried to explain thing to him. But he find that not a standard reason for him to not know about his wife healthcare. Seeing her lying lifelessly on the floor earlier strike his mind, he felt he's the reason of that and was guilty of all what happened.

"It wasn't your fault Nabil" Dr Aisha said when she saw the look of guilt on his face. "You've now till her next cycle to decide. But keep in mind that the only excellent cure with no side effects is to consummate your marriage the surgery will only do more harm than good" she said in a doctorate tone, he nodded in understanding what she meant. "Can I see her" he asked wanting to go and stay by side, hold her hand in his.

"No she is in the ICU you can't get in but you can see her from far. She be there till she regain her conscious and we observe her for the rest of the night to see if her breathing is stable before we take her out" she said and he sadly nodded in understanding, putted all the blame on himself, maybe if had arrived earlier he will have rush her to the hospital before she fainted. "Can you please not tell Ammiey about this" he begged, he can see his mother inlaw in the eye, he promised to take care of her daughter and now he fail, how he explain things to her.

"How can I hide this away from her, she is her daughter and even if I didn't she will find it one way or the other. This is her hospital remember" she said and his shoulder slumped, exhaled the breath he didn't know he's holding. It good she wasn't there if not he wouldn't know what to tell her, she will be heart broken seeing her daughter rushing into the emergency room lifelessly. Dr Hauwa wasn't at the town, she travels to her home town to visit her parents, she was spending two weeks there together with her children. Afifah did everything she can do to let her mother allow her to come with her but she refused, she wiped away her tears and asked who is going to take care of her husband if she travel. At the end she give up knowing she can't win against her mother, the woman never lose an argument so she will not be the first to break the record even her father never did so is better she let it go without draining her energy.

"Let do that way, I will only inform her it is just her asthma that attack" she suggested and he replied immediately " yes please".

"Okay you should go home and rest before she regain conscious, it seems like you just landed" she said when she saw the glint of tiredness in his eyes and he was still in his uniform attire but he careless about that. "No I will stay till she is conscious" he deadpanned, he can't be at ease when she is till unconscious.

"Since you say so" she nodded. He walked out of the office a feeling of extreme melancholic, his face had the pensive mournfulness.

Groggily, his feet perambulate to the VVIP ICU, the walls greeted him along with fluorescent lightening, he looked at her through the glass wall, Afifah lied on the bed immobile, she look pale and so small. Ventilator machine attached to nebulizer covering her nose. Intravenous cannula on her both hand. Electrocardiogram monitor beeping with every breath she took, every sound it make alarmed him, he was so tense. Apart from the hearth rythm and the tachycardia heart rate the electrocardiogram was showing everything in that room is unsounded. He stood motionless, brows tight in concentration stuck in his thoughts, he Googled about the endometriosis to know more about it and that made him realized how women are strong, they should not be played with.

In terms of language, there were no separate words for female genitalia for thousands of years, that was mostly because women were considered pretty much the same as men, only of course flimsier, more poorly designed and incapable of writing in the snow. The great mother we call Innana gave a gift to woman that is not known among men and this is the secret of blood. The flow at the dark of the moon, the healing of the flow of the moon's birth- to men, this flux and distemper, bother and pain. They imagine men suffer and consider them selves lucky still. We should not disabuse them.

Women are strong and powerful despite the trial and tribulations, becoming a woman is a magical and as well as beautiful experience. The whole concept of fine changed until the thought of a month as having twenty five days of humanness and five others when they might just as week have been an animal in a steel trap

He always respect the brother-sister relationship them, he see no difference between her and Sumayya that is why he never initiate intimacy between them. He respects her as a sister. It will be despicable act to them but now thinking, it's her right in marriage, he have to start seeing her as a wife not as a sister he always view her. He have to change their relationship to husband and wife since they are not staying like this for the rest of their, so the earlier the better.

*Take a deep breath*

I have drop my pen on this matter.......