chap 43; malice

After dinner, Afifah decided to work a little bit, she was used to her busy life and so she can't afford to let her day slide without doing anything progressive. She made all the arrangements on the center table in the lounge. A 11×17 clipboard, a VR headset on her ear and a hot cup of cappuccino,she starts to sketch. Sumayya and Karima were left all alone in the living room, Afifah couldn't take the charlatan attitude of Karima so she let them. Nabil left for his work.

Half way through her work, Karima came seeking trouble to which Afifah ignored. She paced in the lounge muttering nonsense. When she saw that she wasn't getting the attention she wanted, she got mad. She came and stood up at Afifah, with a disgusted expression on her face. When her eyes darted on the designs on the board, her madness tripled. She herself knew that she can't compare herself with Afifah in every aspect, the girl is just so perfect. Beauty and the brain, both she got. Left it for her to be good at her charlatan attitude, if not that she knows nothing.

Perceiving that someone was standing on you, Afifah groaned. She hates that and it distracts her. She looked up and said "can you please shift from here" she asked coldly even though she tried hard to sound generous. "I hate people standing on my head" she added.

Karima smirked internally, finally she got what she wanted. She adjusted her leg and stood her ground, she need to frustrate the person In Front of her. "No, I won't" she exasperated.

Afifah knew her well so she ignored her and continued her work, she added effort to trying to mock Karima with her aptitude. The girl was dumb with an empty brain and gaudy things. Karima was the class dumbo because of how slow of a learner she is. And that is her weakest point, when she tries to act her charlatan attitude just mocked her with that and that will immediately shut her up.

Karima looked at how skillfully Afifah's hand work in the clipboard, her heart boiled. The room was so silent so Afifah raises her eyes from her work to check on the other being and that immediately made her came in contact with Karima's distorted face, her face held huge frowned and that made Afifah felt the need to give her. "Aren't you worried that you will look old soon" she asked deridely. "Nevertheless you are already old" she added and stifled her laughter as she continue her work.

Hearing that, Karima again got furious that she would twist Afifah's neck till she couldn't breathe. "What do you mean?" she asked, horrified. "Ohh oh , hanty don't tell me you don't know" Afifah retorted sarcastically.

"Don't call me that," Karima shouted. Actually she was three years older than Afifah, she used to respect her because of that before but Karima hated that, she felt like she looked like mama so she made them stop that.

"I think you need to go see a mirror because you are becoming older day by day because of the frowns you carry on your face. You even develop wrinkles" she said and laughed .  She looked around in the lounge and when her eyes sighted the wall mirror, she pointed at it "go see yourself, you look like Nenah" she said and snickered.

Karima felt like she should beat Afifah black and blue to death just so she can't live peacefully and have what she wanted. She . ….and when her eyes sighted the hickey on Afifah's neck when she turned around, her heart, liver and spleen were about to be distorted.

She was about to slap Afifah on the face but she treated her hand and fist them, There is no need to be violent. So, she intentionally used her hand to bulge the coffee mug on the center table.

Afifah gasped, retreated her hand immediately as she swiped her clothes that were now stitched to her cloth because of how the coffee splashed on both her and her work. Glancing at her design on the clipboard, she picked it up immediately and cleaned it with her hand, but alas, even with fast reflex, the work was done, she ruined her hard work.