chap 27; A wife, A sister

Sitting like an unwanted guest, she maintain her limit, she haven't uttered any word apart the greetings she said earlier and they also neglected her, conversing between themselve which left her with nothing than to glance here and there, she will have walk out but she knew the moment she stand up, they will fire on her, insulting her even her parent wouldn't be left behind. All side talks, hisses through her way, snickering and all kind of insolent behavior they were showing was draining her energy, she was becoming impatient bit by bit. Sometimes she felt mummy doesn't belong to this family, because there were far many disparateness between them except the facial resemblance.

Hajiya Sa'adatu, call Nenah by her children and grandchildren, a senile woman in her seventies, mother of five children, Alhaji Aminu her first son, then Gen Abubakar, Hajiya Zainab; Mummy the most sweetheart and caring among her children, Hajiya hadiza and then her last born Zara'u.
She is a thing of mighty and ferocious, retired professor in the field of economics. She walked with grace and majesty, her husband Late Gen Alkali Bawa, died in his late Sixties, carbon copy of Hajiya Zainab, she inherited all her personalities from him.

Sitting amongst her children and grandchildren, daughter in-laws and granddaughter in-law too, they were all surrounding her, chattering happily, a beautiful smile adorned her face but that smile will turn to scorn everytime her eyes fall on Afifah. Her intense misprision were prominent, the woman's eyes was so mysterious that makes Afifah want to pee in her pant, she want to flee from there but there wasn't an aperture for her to pass, she wish she can evanesce from their but all her wishes were in vain, she wasn't welcome there and she is very well aware of that but she can't say no to mummy. Yesterday night, she asked them to visit their grandmother, she was sick do they should check on her and also they never visit since when they got married.

Some snarl at her, other insinuate while some say it openly, the mere ones just hiss and roll their eyes through her way, the harassment was too much for her, she shut her eyes trying to calm her self. She felt a hand intertwined with hers, she find it soothing and tranquil which calm her nerves, the hand was so soft yet hard which makes her feel protected, still and all, it sent an electrifying shiver down her spine. Opening her eyes, she looked at her right, her eyes lost in his, she saw serenity and caring in his. He is apologizing, and his smile make her forget all her worries, she find her self smiling too because of how infectious his smile was.

He was in the middle conversation with his Nenah when he felt the need to sooth his wife, when they finished their little staring contest, they look around them where all firing eyes were on them, that makes Afifah agitated, she move nervously on her seat. She looked up at Nenah whose eyes were on their intertwined hands, a big frown on her face which will make you run away from her and that hagridden her. She nervously wiggle her hand from his and stood up, intending to go to the washroom. "Where do you think you are going" a strident voice interrupted her which make her sat back immediately.

"Infront of me" she bellowed which made Afifah flinched, "So Nabil this cocotte teaches this abominable character of her's" Nenah said, Afifah's eyes that were already brim with tears stream down. Those words weren't new to her, they called her names that ears can take it, they always questioned her Chasitity and they know it is just their hatred towards her that made them asked. Nabil couldn't sit still letting them tarnish his wife repute. He wrapped his arm around " I'm sorry Nenah but she is my wife that you're insulting" He spoke up.

"Lallai Nabil, you have grown up" She said coldly, her eyes narrowed. "Wannan abun kake Kiran ta matarka, kayi asara amma ; this thing you're calling your wife, what a waste" she said pointing at Afifah.

He secured her perfectly in his arms, in a protective ways, she kept on weeping that she spoiled his shirt, he can feel her tears in his chest which where interpreting through his shirt,he patted her back, soothing her but her tears aren't stopping which made his heart ached. "And you too" she said pointing at her again "since you force yourself into his arms, you better do away with this your unchasteness behavior before you infect my grandchild" she accused