Chap 25; Ingenue as a wife

Ree Drummond's meatloaf, Jalapeno popper-stuffed chicken, stuffed shells Bolognese, mandi rice, cookies and cupcakes, pitcher of fruit juice And lastly a strawberry milkshake, She kept everything on the dining table, exhaled a sigh. Arranging the cutleries, she looked at her hard work tiredly thinking why the need to prepare all this. She cooked many dishes that he can't even finish it at once. All thanks to her mother,she thought. Earlier, she called and informed her to prepare many dishes because her husband was arriving today, sometimes she thought Nabil was the biological son's of her not her, she always favoured him since he was a kid. That makes her jealous of him.

She mounted the stairs, and sauntered to her room. She showered, squirting some lotion in her hand, she moisturized her skin with her favorite CeraVe lotion, put on a casual purple material gown, tied her veil over her head in a turban. She put on a pearls earrings and a light pearls necklace. She spritzed some alcohol-free perfumes. She looked in the mirror, satisfied with her looks she waltzed back to the living room. She couldn't tell why she was happy today, she doesn't know why him arriving today makes her happy, as if he wasn't the one she was praying to go so she can enjoy her life.
May be she didn't't have the privilage to do what she wanted as before.

The house was eerily quiet today due to the absence of her siblings, they all returned back in the afternoon leaving her by herself. Albeit, she asked them to stay, her mother and mother-in-law all agreed on they should be back. She lied on the couch in the living room, going through her social media accounts, She dropped the phone when She couldn't find any thing entertaining. She decided to watch a film on Netflix, she started watching 'home sweet', a Korean movie. She she wasn't fan of KDs, but home sweet is a horrow movie so she have to watch that. Half way through, she heard some screeching sound of a car came to a halt, her heart started racing abruptly, as if it will come out of her ribcage. She sat up, calming her poor heart. She doesn't know why she's feeling this way.

She opened the front door fleetly when she heard the door bell rang, she will have give him a tight hug but she restrained her self. She stared at him, ogling at him from head to toe, he was in his uniform attire, it wasn't the first time she was seeing him in them perhaps, he looked so different right now. The white shirt and silk tie, the dress pant that made to perfection as if it were made only for him. The double breasted blazer in his arms.

She spot the rank indicator epaulets-four strips on the sleeves, his feet were clad in a plain black shoes. The pilot's hat on his head to say he look ravishing would be understatement and obviously he knows that too because, his entire aura ooze confidence.

Afifah has no idea she was blocking his way, she was still too caught up in a trance to notice that, to her is like she was staring at another person not the person she knows and married. She shook her head and snapped back into reality, blinking repeatedly, she looked up only to find his gaze on her.

"Can I come in" he asked with a smirk, raising a brow she came back to her senses, she shifted knowing she blocked the entrance. "Uh.m y.yess, y..you are welcome" she said stammering. He walked pass her in to the living room, sitting on the couch, jetlagged. "How was your flight" she asked him.

"Good, how are you" he asked, making her get seated next to him. "I'm fine" she replied not meeting his gaze, with a smile. He looked around the room, his eyes darted on the tv, a movie he warned her to stop watching was playing, he knew she is stubborn but never know if he asked her to stop a thing she will continue doing, She looked at him finding his eyes on the tv, she became alerted, closed her eyes waiting for him to rebuke. When he glanced at her, he just shook his head, adviced him self to not start from there. "I will fresh up" he muttered standing up, She nodded relaxing. She felt like she's meeting him for the first time. She thought he will reprimand her but he let go, that was a surprise to her.

After a while, he came down in a casual wears, twell chinos trouser with a black sweet shirt. his hair was wet, his washed up face glowed, he looked refresh as ever.  

She walked him to the dining room which was smelling nicely, the tantalizing aroma filled the atmosphere of room. He was surprised to see many dishes, his eyes scrutinized every dishes with a slight smile on his face, "too many dishes" he said bemusedly, she bite the corner of her lips nervously. She served him gently while he just stared at her. When she was about to go he called back "have you eat" he asked. "No, I'm okay" she said.

"No, come and eat" he said, she was about to denied when she look in his eyes that said don't try to object, she drew the chair back and sat down. "I can't finish this all so we are eating it together" he said, and he started serving her too though she object but he did as he wished. They eat together to their heart fills, she glanced at him to see his expression which hold non, she wanted to know whether he like it or not but his face says non which makes her nervous.

He pushed the plate back, gulping down a glass of fruit just, he patting his lips with a tissue, he enjoyed the food so he feels the need to compliment her. "The food is so tasty", she look up at him, she was happy he like it, she nodded smiling. He stood up saying "I will go check on mummy", she jacked up immediately "can I come with you" she asked "please" she pleaded.

He can't resist those otbs so he gladly agreed. She fleeted excitedly to her bedroom to get her veil, he smiled at her act, some time he think she was till the teeny-weeny being he used to hold in his arms. Remiscising that makes him laughed, he never thought that the bairn he used to play with will now be his wife, he find that pretty incredible. The little lass he witness her growth since from an infant to an adult now, the girl he guided how to sit, crawl, walk, teach her how to write, held her hand to school, feed her with his hand and so many things. She, being his first sibling, he shows her so much love,care and attention before everyone else. He was there to watch her grow, all before him.

He wasn't sure of what he felt for her, still and all, he respect her more than any other lady, and he was fortunate to find such an ingenue as a wife, which he was pleased with. He felt the need to protect her and cherish her, wrap his arms around her. He sworn to protect their world and there is nary limit to that.

######