chap 79; The Heirs

"Are you really okay?" Nabil asked worriedly, exiting the closet dressed in his Brioni suit. He approached hurriedly to where she was wincing and sighing tiredly. Her left-hand on her back in support. "Don't worry, I'm fine. You should go so you won't be late" she said trying to offer him a smile but the pain is evident on her face she was just trying to mask it off.

"How can I leave you in this state, we should go to the hospital, you are not fine and don't dare deny it" he said, trying to help her up. He was all worked out by the situation she was in.

"No, we don't need to go. I just called aunty Aisha and she said it's normal. You shouldn't let all your hard work go in vain." She said, pushing him away. He looked reluctant, he was ready to lose anything but not her. Why is she so adamant because of just a contract? "You should go early so you can come soon. I promise to call you whenever the pain becomes unbearable"  is she for real, she was in pain but she is going to bear it till he comes back.

"No, no. I'm not going to play with your health.

"Hey, hey, calm down," she  interjected. "Look, I'm fine. Calm down, I promise you it's normal, it's just the normal pain and contractions. Ammiey also said it's fine. It usually happens in the last trimester. Go" she urged.

He seemed to be reasoning before he snapped out of coming up with a better solution, "I'm going but I have to call Miemie or Sumayya so they can be of help," he concluded. She nodded, "by the way, Dr Rukayya is on her way" Dr Rukayya was her doctor who was assigned by Ammiey from the hospital to be coming every day and check on her health.

He seems to be ac​qui​esce however he was still reluctant. She motioned for him to come forward, he raised his brow in question. She smiled at him, taking all his worries away, she knotted his tie perfectly and kissed his cheeks before whispering in his ears; "wish you luck, I'm proud of you babe" she caressed his cheek amorously.

He smiled, sitting down. He cupped her face in his arms before kissing her forehead besottedly and hugged her. Stroking her back tenderly, he muttered "I will be back as soon as the meeting ended. Wait for me okay" he stated.

"Fine" she smiled, hiding away the pain that was intensifying in her lower abdomen. He leaned over and left a kiss on her heavy bump, he put his hand over feeling their moves on his hand and their heartbeats could be heard. That warms his heart, setting him at ease. He cautioned, "Boys, behave okay, daddy love you and don't trouble your Mumma okay" he talked to them at the same time a loud wince left Afifah's mouth due to the sudden contraction. "Sorry," he apologized.

"They are always enthusiastic when they hear your voice, I feel like they will love you the most '' she stated and he smiled. Yes, they were all boys. They did a gender check for the last three months and they found out that they were boys. Although Afifah wishes they will be girls so they can continue their shenanigans together with Inara but still and all. She felt on top of the world and all ready to welcome her bundle of joys. They were really her savior and always will be. They enthusiastically do everything that is needed to welcome them, they arrange and decorate their rooms, they go baby shopping together and what not.

Nabil left soon after that, Dr Rukayya was ushered into the room by a maid.

"How are you feeling?" she asked while checking her blood pressure. "I'm actually in pain" she hoarse tiredly. She winced immediately after she felt another punch from her stomach.

"I know right, your boys are so active. It's bound to happen'', Dr Rukayya said, pitying her. She loosen up the sphygmomanometer that was tied on her arms before removing it and kept it aside. "You should try to calm down. Your blood pressure is borderline and we don't want it to be high" she counseled.

"They really are torturing me, is there anything to be done so they can be out";she questioned groggily, sweat was forming on her forehead notwithstanding the air conditioner that was on.

"Oh so soon," she queried a brow, "you don't have to worry, they will be out soon. By the way, your due date is almost around the corner." She said, giving her a glass of water to drink so as to ensure the water intake is balanced.

"You can also speed up your dilations. I Know you are in pain" she suggested.
"You have no idea," Afifah sighed, "this feels like the worst cramp ever, please do tell me how" she inquired.

"I thought you were an endometriosis patient, nothing could be any worse than that." Yeah that pain is a hell but still a pain is a pain, and she is in pain. "Well, by moving around, rocking on an exercise ball, using relaxation techniques. And also have done your yoga today" she questioned.

Afifah shook her head in no. Nabil tried to make her step out of the bed but she refused. She has been in bed since morning. "Then, we have to do that now, it is also helpful" Afifah sighed tiredly and agreed. She made her stand up and together they Left the room.

She helped her with the yoga, they moved around the building, and did some exercise and relaxation techniques. Later they sat together in the living room, chatting and watching TV to help her relax. Dr Rukayya gave her some healthy snacks to eat, when she saw her eating like a gullible she asked, "you eat quite much, don't worry that you babies will be chubby and you will have a painful labor" she questioned.

"Trust me, when I feel hungry I eat whatever is in front. No matter what quantity it is. And after I'm done I will cry and complain of becoming fat" she chuckled, remembering how she usually throws tantrums. She always whines about her body changing. Although she didn't add any weight or loosen, she was still the same as her. If not she became more beautiful with her skin glowing like a glass. He renders her an ear and encourages her by saying all sorts of compliments on her and that cheats her and makes her happy. She expresses her frustration and goes back to a calm state of mind.

Dr Rukayya laughed with her, "I pity Nabil, whoever has to tolerate you must be patient enough or else he will give up at start"

"I also felt the same, but Nabil never got tired of me. He never shows any slight of displeasure. I am really grateful for him" she beamed proudly. Sometimes she knew she was just looking for trouble, she would throw a fit of tantrum and cry at any slight thing. Still he would stick by her sight and comfort her. 

They continue to chat just like long lost friends. With the time Dr Rukayya took with her, they got along so well. Dr Rukayya was such a carefree person, she got along easily with everyone. She is married with two kids.

Miemie came later to check on her as she always does every single day. She tried to take Afifah to her place but Nabil bluntly refused. He was adamant on taking care of his wife and children and no one can stop him. So, she took it upon herself to always come and check on her grandchildren and great-grandchildren. "All good, '' Miemie asked, scrutinizing her all over. When she seemed okay with her appearance, she sat beside her. From there Dr Rukayya left for work while Miemie stayed with her till dawn.