chap 71; Orphanage

Sitting for over an hour on the bench Kept in the compound of the orphanage, she was lost in her series of trances. Her eyes were busy with the little kids playing merrily with no care in the world. They ran after each other, hide and seek, dance and sing. At some time, she wished she was them, she would be free of all of the shackles of the world, having no worries than to eat, play and sleep.

Growing up, she thought life will always be the same, with no trials and tribulations. Not knowing this world is full of trials. she remembered when she was at age of 14, since from that year her life wasn't the same as it used to be. It was just full of drama, tension, problems and pressure. Looking at the small girl at age of eight playing around her mates, she looked like the girl that will always seek trouble. Jokingly, she went to one of her friends, moving slowly and carefully not wanting to be caught, she applied what looked like a red color over friend 's cheeks and ran away giggling joyously.  The color was the one provided to them when painting but she used it the other way around. The painted girl looked at the retreating back of her friend and she ran also behind, shouting for her to stop as she avenged but the troublesome girl already ran far away from her. The audience laughed at them happily, even if you are not willing to laugh, the painted face of the girl is enough to make you chuckle. 

Rewinding back the time, she remembered how she used to be stubborn and troublesome, she had a hard time settling down. A day without looking for trouble or playing a prank on someone is like a day full of dull moments. She used to be a prankster, everyone is aware of that but they never fail to fall into her pranks. Her eyes darted on the little version of herself turning her princess bedroom upside down just insearch of a pencil just to sketch. Then the version of herself in high school climbing over the fences of the school with her cycle of friends which she beguiled into following her just so they can buy streat food and sneak into the old man's garden to get some mangos and other fruits available in the garden. The old man will run after them in order to catch them but his feeble state, he can keep to their pace.  because those kinds of things are never brought into the school. She remembered when after school, they would sneak out before their driver came to pick them up. There is one mad man at the far end of the line where the school is located, they will go to his pleasure to seek trouble. The mad man will run after them, they will giggle while running, sounding like mad students too but they didn't give a damn care.

She remembered when they were once caught by the sergeant, they received the punishment of their life and the principal didn't fail to show them In Front of all the school on the assembly ground. She let out a chuckle, reminiscing. All the school knows that they are the thugs of the school, you should never come across them if you want to finish the school in peace. They were five in numbers, Nafeesa nicknamed Feesa, Mufeeda as Mufee, Maimuna as moon, Khadija as Dejama and their group leader Afifah nicknamed Fifa. She remembered when she caused a huge chaos in the school just so they should stop calling her that, to her it was like a football association FIFA. They stopped that though, no one can go against her, they eventually picked up with Afi which she was okay with.

She seems to be reminiscing the olden memories where her life was going smoothly with no bumps or shackles. Looking at the small kids around the age of two to three, she wished one was hers from her blood and flesh. She knows that Nabil also wants that but in order to not make feel bad, he hid his agony, she can see right through him, the lingering gaze he has on Inara when she is around him never fails to miss her eyes.

She should not be selfish. If he is ready to do anything to make her feel better, why can she do the same? He loved the kid and she can't give him that —or maybe not now which she highly doubted. So it is better she let him marry whoever so his dreams can be fulfilled. They say you have to be selfish when it comes to love but they fail to notice that selfish love makes the other person suffer. She has to let him go, if it seems Karima would be her co-wife, she has to give up. This is her destiny and nothing can change it.