chap 52; a portmanteau

"Miemie, where are my own gifts?" Afifah asked her grandma, looking at every one of the people sitting in the living room holding special gifts from their grandparents. All the family members are there present in the spacious and impeccable living room. The place was so clean and dustless as if it was washed away the very moment. Every where was sparking clean and scenting heavenly with a bakhoor. It was so wide and big that it occupy each one of them comfortably. They eat together, chatting happily, talking about anything and everything. They talk as if like there is no tomorrow because they catch up to all what they miss all the years back joyously.

"I'm coming over to you two, yours is precious" miemie replied, the smug smile on her face became wide and openly. She mischievously looks at the duo before looking away and continue sharing things among her children and grandchildren. Afifah intently gaze at her grandma, suspiciously about what she was about to give to them. She patiently waited for her when she didn't come up with a good suggestion.

"And lastly, this one box is for the two of you" miemie said lastly, leaned back on her davenport which was reclined in a resting posture, while letting out an exhausted sighed. And then pointed out to the medium size suitcase at the center of the living room. Every one in the living look towards the suitcase with a look of perplexity, thinking what is it in the box. "Two of us" Afifah asked, unsure if she heard correctly.

"Yes, you and Nabil" miemie confirmed and she nodded slightly. She went ahead slowly to the suitcase and crouched down closed to it. Picking up the ziplock in her hand, she move it slightly, gazing at the keenly eyes that was on them. She glanced at Nabil who also was looking at her, waiting to see what is inside the portmanteau.

Lethargically with a hint of numbness, she pulled the zipper open. She finds it full of clothing, confused as to why her miemie will buy them this much of clothes, her eyebrows drew in further perplexity. Well, taking one of them her expression changes from perplexity toa horrified one. Everyone in the sitting room gasped and tried to muffled their giggles, even daddy was trying to stifle his chuckles looking at blueish cotton cloth in Afifah's hand.the only person that dared to laugh out loud is none other than Sumayya. Nabil just stays emotionless as always, but he also finds the situation amusing, staring at Afifah's surprised looks, her eyeballs looking as if they will Pop out of socket, he finds himself slanting up his lips into a beaming and a placid smile. "Miemie what is this? '' Afifah's piping tone cut in the trying silent atmosphere of the living room. Her gaze was still on the baby attire that was in her hand.

"What, your eyes can no longer see," miemie said sarcastically, "it's for my great grandkids" she add on sounding nonchalantly and incredulously as well. Afifah has already frozen, she couldn't fathom what the feeble woman In Front of her was saying, us her but loose?. "Great...Grand ..... kids" the three words rolled out of her tongue unknowingly, and also came out perfectly and sound euphonic in Miemie's ear making her to nodded her head with a radiant smile on her face.

"Yes great grand kids that the two of you will give me" miemie assure her again, "I wasn't kidding when I said I was hoping to come and meet you heavenly pregnant earlier" she repeated her earlier words making Afifah to want the ground to open up and swallow her. "Are you sure you aren't pregnant judging by how fresh and soft you are looking? '' she further asked again. Afifah facepalm herself, did miemie learn how to be dramatic at Dubai? She asked herself in particular because she couldn't understand from where she learned this attitude. Why is she suddenly talking about great-grandchildren when she already has grandchildren? She should thank God and continue praying and blessing them, but she is still looking out for more.

Seeing her in a dilemma, daddy came to her rescue, "Miemie, let this younger generation to enjoy themselves, they will surely give you one when the right time comes" he said and his wife agreed with him too.
"I am really in need of that now, can't you see I'm not getting any younger. I want to meet my great-grandchildren soon" said miemie in an exaggerated manner. Afifah sighed and shook her head at her grandma antics, she used the same way she pull the zipper open making it now close as before. Slightly pushing it away from her to her grandma's way which she eyed her but choose to keep mute. It's not like she isn't going with the bag not when miemie is still alive. She must force with it. That wouldn't take upto forcing because she also love the clothing. They were beautiful as she has already predict her child in it. She will take it with her and make sure she wear all of them to her kids while making a reference that it was a gift from their great grandparent.

Before that, how? This question keeps going to and fro in her mind. "How can I be pregnant when my husband never looks at me as a wife" she muttered-questioning herself under her breath. The only thing that happened between them, happened because of a mistake. It was a mistake. It was never meant to happen, it was just the situation forced upon them. It's not like she wasn't grateful for that though, that helped her alot. The excruciating pain she always feels when having her period is now gone as it has never happened before. Her period came sound and healthy as it can never ever happen. For the first time in her life she experienced a pain free period, no cramps, no pain/fever, no anything. So that is how some ladies felt it, she smiles on that.

Maybe she should ask.

Ask for his seed

She wants a baby too.

She wants to have her little being.

Carry the fetus in her womb for nine months, give birth to him/her while experiencing the most painful and happy labor of birthing her younger generation. Hold it in her arms, as he sucks on her nipples while she watches him with a beaming and proud full smile adorning her face. Cradle___

Her reverie was halted by miemie who had noticed her lost in the thought of welcoming another younger generation of the family. "You see, there is nothing wrong about my talk judging from that smile on your face, you must have thought it over that is making you blush nonstop. It's really amazing to have your own little being, your child. Sleep on the matter." Miemie said and she knew that was lingering into Afifah's brain. The girl is already thinking about it too.

Afifah just dug her head on the floor, hating her white skin at the moment for not hiding away her reddened cheeks that look like a beetroot.

Nabil's and yours child. Her conscience yelled and she shook her head not wanting to go deeper on the talk.

They spent the rest of the day at their grandparents house which was also their home. The elders were already gone leaving only the younger generation and their grandparents. Not Surprising, Nabil also left saying he got works to handle. They continued to catch on, chitchatting, playing games and so on.

AFIFAH CONSTRUCTION COMPANY

Monday
10;50am

Afifah got lost in her series of work, her eyes was not leaving the file Infront of her as she read carefully bit by bit. That is how she is, when ever she was at work is like she completely left the world behind to another world. Nothing comes to her mind except some idea that will benefit her and the company, it is good to say she was dedicated to her work. Who says only men can be workaholics or what a man can do, woman cannot, when it comes to her, she did it and not that alone, she surpassed them in this field. Some will just be born with the aptitude to succeed in life, while some, got the aptitude and never succeed because of lack of inspiration or support while some will be born to be successful with no aptitude or whatsoever, but they will succeed by letting people work for them.

Life isn't equal.

Lost in her trance of work, she heard a commotion from the outside and suddenly her door was barged open, she stood up from her seat with a horrified expression. Sadiq Saraki walk in her office with the secretary following behind asking him to stay back because he did have an appointment with the CEO, but he refused and walked passed her into the office nonchalantly. The secretary was in a dilemma, she didn't want to land herself into a mess. She was known to be competent at her work.

Looking at the secretary struggling to stop him, Afifah came to her rescue. "Oh it's okay Ms Benet. Let him in," she said to her, which made her stop. She bowed her head and left the office in respect to her own boss. "What is all this Sadiq are you out of your mind" she bellowed at him.

He shrugged and walked into the office with no care in the world. He went ahead and sat down on the big couch kept among other seats at the far end of the office, the place was like a waiting or resting place, or most more than two people came at once to discuss some business related work they usually sit their for proper discussion. He went ahead to drop his leg on the center table and kept his gaze on his red loafers, As if nothing in the world fascinates him than the shoes.

He ignored her.

A cliffhanger!!

Vote fassst to get a quick update.

Drama bells is ringing 🔔🔔