Chap 72; Refusal

"Are you ready?" he asked, walking into the bedroom for the nth time, this time around he wasn't walking out of the room without her. I Looked annoyed when I found her sitting on the vanity table trying to put on her earrings. "I will be there in two minutes," she said.

"Two minutes of yours that changes into two hours now, just leave that. You don't even need that, you are beautiful just the way you are" he said when he was standing in front of her.

She looked irritated, if only he will let her do what she likes, she will just stand from the chair she was sitting on and throw herself on the bed, if he can be of help, he should drape her over with the blanket because of the cool whether, dropped down the curtains down and off all the lights and let her sleep. "If only you will add three more hours' ' she said, she extended her hand to get her headgear. She knew her wishes will always be wishes, so she folded it into a good way so she can drape it around head. "I really don't want to go there, '' she added, sounding worried.

"Just say I should let you at home, and I'm not going without you. '' he said and she groaned. She continue fixing her headgear while replying, "what is the used of me there, I'm sure that whether I'm there or not, it wouldn't make a difference rather, not me being there will be better for the both of us" she said and went again trying to cajole him into living her at home. To say she was tired will be an understatement, she really needs to sleep. These days, she has been procrastinating. All she needs is a comforter and bed. The world should flip her carelessly. "I don't want to be there, I'm sure they will humiliate me, '' she whined.

"You don't have to worry about it, I assure you today you're not the one to be humiliated" he reassured, but she would believe him, capital NO. She sent him a blank gaze not agreeing with what he said. The day she will go into that house and leave with no harm will be in her dream. She wasn't looking for that though, left to her, she won't ever step her feet in that house for the rest of her life. She wasn't welcome there and she was well aware, so why bother her poor self. She tried all that was in her power to make them like her, but all her efforts were in vain. She stood up and left the closet groggily muttering incoherent words to get her veil.

Opening one side door of her clothing where her veils, hijabs and jilbab were located, she extended her hand to pick a veil that her sight fell on first. It happens to be black on though, she is careless about that. They say black is a neutral color, right?. It wouldn't be bad if she paired it with the orange and dark blue A line gown she put on.

She traipsed out of the closet while fixing the veil in an annoying manner with a thrusted lips, Her pace was slow. When Nabil sighted her, he sighed and pinched the bridge of his eyebrows in annoyance. He casually waltzed to her, collecting the veil from her hand and helping her with it. As if a small girl, he started draping it all over her while she just stood like a mannequin in front of him, leaving him doing whatever he wished on her, like he was dressing up his daughter.

When he finished, she moved towards the mirror to look at herself. She gasped and turned around, she shot a deadliest glare at him. She shrugged and knitted his brows as if not knowing -he asked what's wrong. She looked at the mirror again. It will be an understatement to say she looked like a penguin.

He draped the veil in her like such matan malam's way and even used the edges to knot it around her neck. He burst out laughing, letting the muffles come clear. She also joined him in laughing too, they all laughed like maniacs. When the laughter is about to die down, they will burst out again. "Okay, it's okay let's get going" Nabil tried to say amidst their laughs.
"Like this" she questioned.

"Yes, by the way you looked beautiful" he complimented.

"Lallai ma, sai kace wata tsofuwa." She said while undoing the knots and fixed the veil to her desired way.
She picked the first bag that came to her view, it was a small tote bag and trailed behind him.