chap 59; Blissful Harmony

Start from the beginning

Spending time out between the trees, plants, and greenery has a very positive impact on them. Laying or walking barefoot on the grass is a very blissful experience for everyone. Picnics allow them to relax into the arms of nature and regain their lost energy. Inara was a foodie so she didn't care about what they were doing and continued to eat fruits while playing with her Barbe doll all the time.

A call came through Afifah's phone and she apologized to them because of how high their voices are and they won't let her have a good conversation with Mufeeda. It was a work-related thing and she had to pick it up. "Adda Afifah, remember no phone calls" Khaled reminded her of the rules. They agreed to not mingle this precious moment with their work.

She gave an apologizing smile, "it's just some few minutes I will right back" she said and left barefooted. Nabil wanted to say "You should put on your shoes, it's not good walking barefooted", but she left immediately.

She walks in no direction, in particular speaking to Mufeeda. Mufeeda also finds her prince charming and got married six months ago. Afifah couldn't be more happy at that moment, finally her friend got hitched. Nafeesah is now a mother of two. All girls, Hafsat the first one and Maryam the younger one. Afifah loves all of them, especially her namesake. Afifah was that rich aunt who spoiled all her nieces and so the girls called her their favorite Aunt.

She went to the direction where horses were kept, she became mesmerized by them "Come guys let play" Afifah should at them while caressing one which she likes to be immediately.

"What is his name?" she asked the caretaker.

"His name is Reem. he is a special breed. You can't handle it because of how unfriendly he is'' the caretaker said and she asked immediately, "how is he not friendly, such a beautiful horse he is'' she questioned still enthused with the horse as she kept caressing his body, she looked at the container filled with carrot so she went ahead and pick two. She feeds all of the horses and he eats them gladly.

" He doesn't usually welcome everyone," he replied to her but she shunned his talk away immediately as Nabil and others approached her.

"Look at this horse, isn't he beautiful?" She asked Nabil and he nodded, also agreeing with her. "I want to ride it," she said.

"Look, why not go on a couple rides or even compete?" Sumayya suggested and they all agreed with the competition. So, Sumayya and Jalil choose their horse and so do Amara and Waleed.

Nabil helped Afifah climb up on the horse before doing so and held the reign of the horse. "Gosh, I should hurry up and get married also" Nimrah said when she realized she was not going to compete. Everybody laughed at her jokes.

"Girl, I dare you win against me" Khaled dared her.

"Really, small boy" she asked, raising a brow and he nodded at her.

When everyone was on their horse, the competition soon began at high speed. They all ride to the best of their ability and they seem to be on the same lane, when Nabil realized that he added a little force. He know he Jalil was expert in horse racing, they use to play together back in Oman whenever they got a free time to relax, they usually end up with no winner among them most a times
Not wanting to accept defeat he tried harder to win against the two.

Just a little juggle away from the terminal end and still Nabil and Jalil's team were in the same lane no one was ready to accept defeat.

"We should try harder," he whispered in her ears and she nodded in response. She gave the horse a gentle fondle on its side.

At the last minute, the horse ran faster than leaving the two behind making them the winner. Afifah dismounted the horse the moment it stopped moving, she jumped in excitement, the sequel " we won".  Nabil chuckles at her while Nimrah, Khaled and Inara cheers with her.

"You never let me win, have you?" Jalil nudged Nabil and sat on the chair.

"No, never" Nabil jokes, gulping down a bottle of water which he received from Nimrah.

"As always, the best couple in the world are the winners," Khaled cheers.

Even though the rest didn't win, they are happy. They don't mind who the winner is, the keyword is they play together and that is worth it. Every face was filled with satisfaction and joy. That is what a family should be, loving, caring and always with each other in the happiest and sad moment. Strong bonds.

Everything about a picnic is bliss to our soul, be it the food, the games, the place, the air or even the preparations for a picnic is really fun. The trip to that picnic spot is also filled with excitement. Moment of togetherness helps bond with each other and have fun together.