Chapter 24 Full Moon Banquet

Huai City.

  The sky cleared up for several days in a row, and the snow on the eaves had not yet melted, and the snow drifted down again.

  The eaves on the ground were covered with snow again.

  The Shen family's mansion was decorated with lanterns and festoons everywhere, and even the dead trees were glued with fake flowers with silk, and a full moon banquet was held for Shen Junshan's posthumous son in a lively manner.

  The gates of the city walls, docks, temples... Just to accumulate blessings for the young master, the Shen family set up porridge sheds everywhere, and gave porridge and money for three consecutive days.

  The whole Huaicheng felt sorry for Shen Junshan's death and left such a huge wealth, and also praised Mrs. Ru for her kindness and kindness.

  ...

  On the same day, Shenshu Village.

  It was snowing heavily for a hundred miles around Nanguan Mountain, but only Shenshu Village was sunny.

  This surprised the villagers again and again.

  The Bai family in Shenshu Village is bustling with activity, and is hosting a full moon banquet for Xiao Fuyuan.

  Early in the morning, Bai Muban set off a string of firecrackers himself, and the whole village rushed to help amidst the sound of firecrackers.

  The villagers of Shenshu Village farm the land for a living, and their lives are ordinary, and their families can only maintain food and clothing. Except for Chinese New Year, there is usually no condition to eat meat. The chickens, ducks and geese raised at home are not willing to kill to eat for the purpose of laying eggs for money.

  Now there is a banquet of noodles to eat, and every family is happy to participate in Xiao Fuyuan's full moon banquet.

  Especially the children, when they heard that there was meat and candy to eat, they happily gathered at the gate of Bai's house to pick up squibs and wander around Dalang Saburo. Dalang Saburo became the focus of the children in the village for the first time, and he was quite excited.

  The villagers lamented that it was the first time in Shenshu Village to hold a full moon banquet for their daughters. Laobai's family really loves their daughter. The sons and grandsons didn't do it, but they did it for the little girl.

  This is a bit unfair to Lao Bai's family. At that time, it was not that they didn't do it, but they didn't have the money to do it at all.

  The villagers also found that the Bai family's full moon banquet was different. Two red lanterns were hung at the door, adding a festive touch to the white snow.

  These two bright red lanterns were bought by Bai Sanzhuang in Xu's shop.

  After entering the Bai family's courtyard, the villagers praised the old Bai's family's decent and generous wedding ceremony.

  The yard was cleaned up, and there were two large pots set up in the southeast corner, where Bai Dazhuang and Xie Chuntao were chopping vegetables and meat. Pots of meat and fish were piled up beside the cauldron, along with eggs and greens.

  It turned out that the Bai family hunted a big wild boar and didn't distribute it to the villagers. Some villagers were still sad. Seeing this battle, I understand that it's not that Lao Bai's family doesn't distinguish between pork, but that they keep it on the table and stew it for everyone to eat.

  Several large borrowed tables were set up in the yard, on which were placed tea, melon seeds and peanuts, and fruits bought from shops in the town. Under each table, there is a jar of wine.