Chapter 2 Abandoned Baby

I picked it up." Bai Muban said.

  It's almost as good as old lady Bai's guess.

  As soon as she rolled her eyes, she realized that the child was not yet full moon, and that Mrs. Zhen didn't look like a person in confinement. Besides, Mrs. Zhen could grow old at this age unless the smoke from the Bai family's ancestral grave was as thick as a thigh.

  The old lady Bai carefully looked at the baby's quilt, which was embroidered with a lifelike picture of a hundred pomegranates. The more she looked at the embroidery, the more familiar it was.

  Yes, it is very similar to Zhen's embroidery.

  Although the old lady Bai is a village woman, she has a lot of knowledge.

  From the baby's quilt, she could deduce that this was not a child from an ordinary family. Whose children can use such high-quality, slippery silk? Since it is a big family, how could it throw away children for no reason? It's not that I can't afford it.

  Even if the backyard of a big family is turmoil, they seldom attack a little girl. What's the cost of raising a girl, and when she grows up, she can get married to bring help to her mother's family.

  Unless—

  "Will this child bring any disaster to the family?" The old lady Bai turned her head and asked Bai Muban in one sentence.

  "What disaster will that bring?" Bai Muban was stopped by his mother, feeling a little uncertain.

  "I didn't ask you, I asked your wife." The old lady Bai gouged out the white board.

  "You tell me the truth, you know how powerful it is. The old Bai family has been dragged down once, and you don't want to take any more risks. You have five sons." The old lady Bai stared at Zhen's sharply, she thought The possible reasons for the abandonment of daughters by rich families, a reason that makes her terrified when she thinks about it.

  "Mother, it's not what you think." Zhen Shi stabilized her emotions. She knew what her mother-in-law was afraid of, and she was equally afraid of her mother-in-law.

  "This child is not a child of an official's family, and no one in the family has committed beheading." Zhen said clearly.

  The female doll was indeed picked up by Bai Muban and Mrs. Zhen in the snow.

  This matter has to start from the beginning.

  When Bai Muban was young, he delivered fresh vegetables to the rich merchant Shen's family in Huaicheng and met a housekeeper.

  A year ago, the family's livelihood was really difficult, so Bai Muban took Zhen's family to Huaicheng to work. Through the relationship of the housekeeper, he entered Shen's residence as a helper, he took care of the flowers and plants in the yard, and Zhen's good embroidery work went to the needlework department.

  The eldest lady of the Shen family appreciated Zhen Shi's craftsmanship very much, since Zhen Shi entered the needlework department, all the handkerchiefs in the eldest lady's room were handed over to Zhen Shi to embroider.

  The eldest lady is gentle and kind-hearted, and she treats the servants generously and generously. Every time Mrs. Zhen took over the work in the eldest lady's house, the eldest lady would reward her generously, and not only that, she also allocated an empty house for Mrs. Zhen and his wife to live in.

  Mrs. Zhen was very grateful for the kindness of the eldest lady, so she embroidered a quilt with a picture of a hundred pomegranates and gave it to the eldest lady.