Chapter 1 Birth of a Daughter Jingyuan fifth year, winter.

The eldest wife of Shen Junshan, a wealthy man in Huaicheng, had a difficult labor, and she wailed for two days and one night but the child was not born.

  "Keep the baby." Shen Junshan's flat wife, Mrs. Ru, made a decisive choice.

  Bowls of fertility medicines were poured down, and the madam screamed piercingly through the snowy night. Despair and fear permeated the delivery bed, and finally turned into a pool of blood.

  Suddenly, a crisp baby cry penetrated the delivery room.

  "Congratulations, Mrs. Ru, you are a young master." The nanny wrapped the blood-stained baby in swaddling clothes, and showed it to Mrs. Ru with a happy smile.

  Ever since the eldest lady became pregnant, the right to manage the family has been temporarily handed over to Mrs. Ru. Since the eldest lady started giving birth, she has been standing outside the delivery room and guarding.

  At this time, she glanced at the baby with the hand of the nanny, and let go of the hanging breath. The body that had been holding on for two days almost collapsed, and was firmly supported by the maid beside her.

  "Hold them to see."

  The nanny got Madam Ru's order, carried the newborn baby down the steps, came to the head of the Shen family, and lifted the baby's quilt.

  Dense snowflakes fell between the baby's legs, and the cold wind blew up, making the baby cry louder and louder.

  "You can see clearly that Shen Junshan's lineage has the incense of inheritance."

  Mrs. Ru stood in the porch, speaking coldly, her sharp eyes gliding over the clansmen one by one.

  All the clansmen lowered their voices and whispered, showing unwillingness on their faces.

  "If anyone has the wrong thoughts, bullies the orphans and widows left behind by Shen Junshan, and tries to deprive Shen Junshan of his family wealth, my Shen family will never tolerate it.

  " The dim candlelight from the paper lantern danced on her face, and she was like a ghost devouring the dark night.

  In the end, under the leadership of the patriarch, the dense Shen family members withdrew from the Shen residence.

  The candles on the porch eaves were gradually extinguished, and the entire Shen residence was plunged into darkness.

  In the middle of the night, a black figure carrying a bamboo basket ran out of the city from the side door of Shen's mansion facing the wind and snow.

  ...

  Huaicheng has always been very cold in winter.

  As in previous years, not long after winter, there were several heavy snowfalls one after another.

  Seventy miles away from Huaicheng, Nanguan Mountain is covered in silver and snow-capped for dozens of miles. If it weren't for the rising dust and smoke, the scattered villages at the foot of the mountain would not be found at all.

  Shenshu Village is in the lower reaches of the valley at the foot of the mountain.

  The Bai family on the east slope of the village did not light a stove at night in order to save wood, and the whole house was like a hole in the ice. The old lady Bai woke up from the cold at night and could not sleep again.

  After finally staying up until dawn, the old lady Bai lifted the quilt and got out of bed. In order to keep out the cold, she wrapped herself in a padded jacket and went to sleep, which saved the need to put on clothes.