Chapter 93

Emma's POV

"It's bedtime, Mija" Tia Andy said after Mulan ended.

I was not tired at all. I was worried about Mamma. I missed my mommies. I felt my eyes tearing up.

"What's wrong?" Tia Andy noticed and scooped me up into her lap.

"M-Mamma" I started sobbing. "I miss Mamma and Mommy" she immediately started rocking me in her lap trying to calm me down.

"Shh, Mija" whispered.

"Is Mamma going to be okay?" I sobbed. I knew giving birth has risks. Mamma told me when she was sad about a loss of her patient.

"Your Mommy sent me a message. Your Mamma and siblings are okay. All strong and healthy." Tia said with a smile "We can go see them in the morning" she added

"I'm a big sister now."I pushed my chest out proudly and wiped my tears" Big girls don't cry" I stated.

"No, Mija. Big girls can cry to. Your Mommy cries, your Mamma cries even I cry sometimes. You can be sad or happy, crying isn't a weakness. If anything crying is strength because you're capable of showing emotions, that's something to cherish" she explained it to me again. I have heard similar things from my mommies too. "I'm sure your mommies have been crying all day" she tickled me.

"Hurt?" I was confused.

"No, Mija. Happy tears." she said "Let's have a shower my stinky Lieutenant."

"I'm not stinky. You're stinky" I giggled.

She took a few deep breaths sniffing around the air. "You're right, but you still need a shower before bad" she always knew how to make me laugh when I was sad.

"English or Spanish?" she was holding up two books after our bubble battle in the bathroom. She has already tucked me into bed.

"Spanish please" I smiled at her.

At home I usually had Italian bedtime stories but at Tia's house I always asked for the Spanish one which was Tia's when she was little.

I couldn't wait to be morning and see my mommies and my siblings.

________

"Mija, we need to go now" Tia said after we finished breakfast the following morning. "Did you pack your backpack?"

"Yes." I pointed at my green backpack next to the door.

"Alright. Do you need help with your shoes?" she asked with a raised eyebrow.

"No, Tia, I can do it on my own now" I said proudly since I learnt it a few weeks ago from Mommy.

"Ahh already a grown up" she put her hand to her heart and gasped.

"Funny" I rolled my eyes at her.

"Just like her Mamma" she said with a smile.

Not even 10 minutes later Andy parked the car in front of the hospital. I was getting anxious.

"Tia, can you carry me?" I looked up at her

"Of course" she easily picked me up just like Mommy. I hid my face into her neck and mumbled a thank you.

I was scared.

What if my siblings don't like me? What if I don't like them? Will we fight all the time?

"Mija, no need to worry. You'll be the best big sister I know." she said as she could read my mind. "Let's find your mommies" with that we walked into the hospital.