Chapter 50

Carina's pov

"Is everybody ready for the trivia?" I asked the kids after they finished their snacks.

Andy did an amazing job with the fruit salad and each kid got their own small pack of gold fish.

"Yes" they yelled back jumping up and down

"Okay take a seat on the carpet. There are two rules. Whomever knows the answer raise their hand and wait for me to be called on. The second rule is for your moms : No helping" I said to my friend smiling. They were competitive just like every doctor I have met.

The firefighters settled down around the table watching the kids smiling. The doctors were standing next to the carpet rooting for their kids.

"Okay guys. First question : which organ pumps the blood in our body?" I looked for the first raised hand which belonged to Zola "Zola was the fastest so what's the organ Bambina?"

"The heart" she said proudly

"It is correct." I looked at Maya who wrote down the point "Next question: after smoke inhalation what do you need?"

I tried to ask easier questions without medical jargon but they were kids of first responsers so it was a different case with them. The first raised hand belonged to my little girl "Bambina what the answer?" I asked her with a proud smile

"Oxigene" she said proudly looking at Maya for approval

The beanery was filled with cheers and claps coming from her uncles and aunties. They screamed a few 'Go little Cap', 'Mini Maya' into the mixture. Emma cheek turned bright red but her smile never faded. I looked at Maya as she wrote down the points and I swear there were tears in her eyes.

"Buon lavoro Bambina (Good job)" I praised her

"Grazie Mamma" she smiled back at me

"Okay next question..." we played for half an hour. Zola leaded with one point, Emma and Leo had equal point on the second place. "Okay this question will be asked by the highest authorities in the room. Chief Bailey and Captain DeLuca-Bishop will come up with one question each which will be 2 points each." I looked at them while the kids cheered "They can ask theirs friends opinion on it but I want it written down in the next minute" I walked over to my girl and kissed her head while we waited for the questions.

"I'm done" Maya announced

"Me too" they handed me their folded papers.

"Okay the first question from the Captain" I unfolded the paper and smiled at the question "Name three title which a firefighter can earn." I looked at the team for a second with a knowing smile. Of course our little firefighter was the fastest "Yes Bambina"

"Captain like Mommy, Lieutenant like Tia Andy and the Battalion Chief" she pushed out her chest proudly. She was so adorable to add a name to each title as well.

"Go Little Cap" chanted by the team was the only thing I could hear. I looked at them after a few seconds with raised eyebrows so they mouthed a sorry and stopped it.

"Okay and the question from our Chief" I unfolded the last paper "Name 3 medical procedures"

Everyone knew that Zola could easily win this one since she started reading medical books years ago but instead she looked over to Emma who raised her hand with a smile

"Go ahead Bambina" I smiled at Zola who nodded

"Hysterectomy, Bypass and C-section" she struggled a little pronouncing the first procedure but she was so happy when she got it right

"La mia bambina intelligente (My smart little girl)" I was so proud of her. "Bella please tell us the results of the trivia and give the prices to our champions" I turned to Maya.