Chapter 38

Carina's POV

I have noticed the red helmet...

I collapsed on the ground.

My wife was unconscious or even dead as I knew.

I didn't want to feel that fears and grief ever again.

I have lost my mother and my brother way too soon. I couldn't handle losing the love of my life.

The only person who kept me alive when I was at my lowest. I was crying uncontrollably in the middle of the living room.

I had no idea how much time has passed but I was brought back by the ringtone of my phone.

Andy

"Andy I saw it... Is she... Is she..." I couldn't finish the sentence. If I say that word it would make it real.

"Carina listen to me. Maya's with Ben in the PRT. He is going to save her" last time she said something like that Dean died in the ambulance. "She has inhaled an unknown fluid which caused the explosion. I'm on my way to bring you to her. Don't drive! Wait for me I'm 5 minutes out." she knew that I wouldn't be able to drive safely and I would never risk Emma's health.

Emma.

How am I going to tell her? What if Maya doesn't make it? She can't handle another loss. That makes two of us tho.

I wiped my tears because she would have been petrified if I wake her up full on crying.

I walked to her room.

"Emma wake up" I said quietly

"Mamma what happened?" she knew it was still nighttime

"Mommy had an accident. We need to go see her. Tia Andy is coming" her little mouth started to wobble as her eyes filled with tears.

I hugged her as tight to my chest as I possibly could. "Mommy is a fighter. She will be okay, Bambina" I tried to calm her down.

She truly was a fighter but I have heard about Chief Ripley's tragic death. Every body has its limits.

Andy didn't bother to knock on the door. She came running into Emma's room and wrapped her arms around us. Her eyes were puffy and red but she pulled herself together for us.

"Carina we need to go" she whispered into my ears. I have never heard her this broken before. I nodded against her chest and lifted Emma up. I needed to feel close to her and she needed me too. At this point it was just the two of us against the world.

Andy broke every rule regarding driving in the US. She drove through the city without carrying for the speed limits or the red lights. Under 5 minutes she parked the car in front of the ambulance entrance. It was so unlike her. She was passed carrying about the consequences.

"You cannot park her" Helm started but as soon as I stepped out of the vehicle she released what was happening "Dr DeLuca-Bishop! Give me the keys I'm going to move the car" Andy passed it to her.

"Emma hold on thight" I said to the little scared girl as she wrapped her arms around my neck. I started to run into the pit. "Where is she? Where is my wife?" I screamed in the middle of the room which I regretted instantly.

Emma started to sob loudly into my neck.

"Sorry Bambina. It's okay."

"Carina" I heard Bailey's voice

"How is she?" Andy asked

"Come with me" she said not saying anything else. She stopped before Trauma 2. "Emma come here sweetheart" she grabbed her out of my arms.