Chapter 76

Maya's POV

"I'm so proud of her. She is practically a genius. Have you seen Ms. Thompson's face when she realised Emma speaks three languages fluently? Not to mention her readying skills. She has more variable vocabulary than most of the people in their '30s." I was walking up and down in front of our king size bed because I was overwhelmed with today's event.

We have decided to go to bed early since after the school we stopped for some maternity clothes for Carina and Emma chose some new books as well.

" Bella, please sit down. You're making me sick with all that pacing" her Italian body language told me it was truly time to stop "Come to bed Bella. It's late and I'm so tired"

"Sorry" I sat down now to her with a pout on my face.

"She is a genius that's for sure but I'm a little sad" Carina confessed quietly.

"Why?" I asked not really understanding why it was a bad thing.

"Because she is growing up so fast. She is already in third grade and she hasn't even stepped one foot into a classroom other than today" she was so deep in her thoughts while she explained it "Every year she is getting closer to going away for college. I'm not ready to lose my Bambina"

"Carina hold on. Why would she go away for collage? And why are we even talking about collage yet?" I wasn't ready for that talk yet.

"Maya she is already fluent in 3 languages she has all the opportunity to go to collage in Europe if she wants to. She absolutely loves everything about her ethnicity and culture. I'm pretty sure she will study abroad in Italy one day" Carina wiped away a tear.

She was right.

Emma absolutely adored every story about Italy and she always felt closer to that culture. If that will be her wish I would support her completely but also only the idea of her leaving for collage pains me. I wiped away my tears too.

"You're right. Promise me that we will enjoy and treasure every minute with her until that day. Promise me that she won't feel left out because of the peas. She will be the best big sister because she already loves them so much but I don't want her to feel left out because she isn't a part of the triplets or because she isn't biologically ours. " I needed my wife's reassurance.

" Maya DNA doesn't count here" She stated simply.

"To us it doesn't. And right now she knows how loved she is but just imagine her when she is a teen with all the hormones in her body. Don't tell me you never thought things that weren't quite right." I tried to bring my perspective across "Don't tell me you have never shouted 'I hate you' to any of your family members because you had a fight with them. It only takes a few arguments, some hormones and a little depression and you're already there. Feeling like an outsider." I was thinking about how Mason and I lost each other because he felt left out. I haven't noticed my tears streaming down my face until I felt Carina's thumb wiping them away.

" Maya, look at me" she turned my face towards hers "She is our first born no matter what. She made us mothers. I will never let that happen to her or to us. We're not our parents, and they're not us. We have done it differently Bella. You're not your father and I'm not moving half way across the globe in case things gets tougher, okay? " she always knew what to say to me to make me feel better.

" Promise?"

I thought I left my problems behind since I was able to set rules for Emma now. I thought I've fought my demons and from now on I'll be confident. I was so wrong. I was sure with each chapter of my life I would have to fight again to found myself. I hate how a parent can damage their children for a lifetime.