Chapter 26

Maya's POV

I thought we all needed some fun after the past week so I wanted to take my family to the theme park. My first idea was the beach but it was getting colder so I needed a better idea.

Carina has been asking for it since forever. She loved the games and it's atmosphere even if she was afraid of heights.

"Okay so my surprise for you my beautiful girls : Theme Park." I announced as Carina put away the dishes. She stopped and looked at me with wide eyes.

"Bella, are you serious?" she asked with her brightest smile.

"Yes, Beautiful! We need fun and you wanted to go there for ages." I said proudly because clearly my idea was a good one

"What's a Theme Park, Mamma?" Emma asked innocently.

My heart broke for her. She was four years old and had no idea what a Theme Park was. Carina looked at me with sad eyes letting me know she was sad too. Maybe sad was an understatement. Mad or even furious would be a better word for this kind of feelings.

She had lost her parents and I though her Nonna would have considered the idea of bringing a little light to her life. I mean a day at the at the Theme Park won't bring back her parents but it could have mean she get to be a little girl for a day.

"Theme Park is a huge playground with different kind of swings, electric cars and lots of street food like pizza and cotton candy" Carina tried to explain it to her "It's one of my favourite place. I have been asking Mommy for a long time for this." she looked at me with a smirk on her face.

"Okay." Emma answered and after a minute of thinking she asked "Mommy can I get a pizza and a cotton candy too?"

"Of course but only after the rides" I kissed the top of her head "Now let's get you ready for fun, okay?" I reached for her hand.

Something about holding her little palm in my big hand got to me every time. From the day I've found her under the stairs those little hands belonged to mine therefore I was responsible for the future of them. They might be little, tiny human hands but in the future she'll be an independent woman with skills due to those hands.

"Mommy, come on!" she was a few steps ahead of me still holding my hand. I snaped back to reality

"Yeah sorry!" I smiled at her "So do you want a jeans with a shirt or a track-suit?" I asked her holding up two options

"What are you wearing?" she asked back

"Probably a jeans with a shirt, my denim jacket and a baseball cap, why?" I questioned her curiously

"Can I match with you then?" She asked with a sweet smile. My heart melted right there.

" Of course, Princess! I think I have two Station 19 caps which are adjustable. Wait here I'm gonna get ready and bring it to you." I walked out of the room with a smile on my face. I quickly got ready and searched for the caps. It was at the bottom of the drawer since I haven't used my baseball caps in a long time, not since the bear attack I think.

" Okay Emy! Let's get you ready!" I walked back to my daughter

"Mommy you look sooo pretty" She looked at me for a minute with a tilted head. She was so cute.

I chose a grey basic shirt to match with the dark jeans and the denim jacket. Last week I ordered her a sneaker just like mine but smaller. It was almost impossible to fit the brand's logo on the small shoes. I made her a ponytail since that was the only hairstyle other than braids I knew how to do. I pulled the hair through the hole at the back securing the cap a little more. After I was satisfied with our outfits I held out my hand for her.