Chapter 73

Carina's POV

I couldn't wait for lunchtime to come. I have made a few adjustments at work since carrying triplets used up so much energy of mine. I cut back on the OB/GYN floor and focused more at the skills lab, teaching the interns. Dr. Webber was actually happy to see an attending volunteering to work with the interns and Bailey was okay with leaving Jo in charge of the ward.

"Mamma" Emma came running towards me. She slowed down a little in order not to bump into my belly.

"Ciao, Bambina" I kissed the top of her head. She smiled at me before kissing my belly three times just like her Mommy did.

"Hi guys" with that she took my hand.

"I have a surprise for today, Piccola" I said happily.

"What is it Mamma?" she got excited immediately.

"Mommy invited us to the station for lunch" I announced waiting for her reaction.

"Really? A lunch date with mommy and the whole team? Best day ever" she was almost screaming with excitement. I giggled at her silly jumps towards the main entrance.

I've decided to drive to the station since it would mean extra time with my wife and walking has became less pleasant since my pregnancy.

"Bambina remember..." I started to say as soon as I parked my car.

"Mamma I know all the rules. I'm big now" Emma said proudly before I could finish my sentence.

"I know Bambina but you'll always be my Piccola" I said before walking to the back door to open it to her. To my surprise her seat belt was already unbuckeld. "Bambina when did you do it?" I wanted to be sure she wasn't messing with it during the ride.

"As soon as the car stopped" she said looking at the ground "Am I in trouble?"

"No Bambina but please ask before you do it, okay?" I stroked her face. "Let's go get your Mommy" I said with a grin.

"Yey" she jumped out of the vehicle and immediately reached for my hand. I couldn't help but smile at how adorable she was.

"Mamma, can I go into her office?" She asked as soon as we reached Maya's office where the blinders were closed. I smiled knowing her Mommy sat it up for her.

"Sure Bambina, but knock before entering the room" I let go of her tiny hands and leaned against the front desk to see the whole scene.

After two knocks I heard a low voice letting my oblivious daughter in.

"Uncle Jack what are you doing in here?" Emma's Italian temper came to the surface immediately. She sounded like a grown up accusing him of invading her mommy's territory "Where is my Mommy?" she asked another question. Since she didn't get an answer right away she started to investigate the situation. She looked up and down on Jack uniform. "Why do you have Captain written on your uniform? Mommy is Captain not you" her little voice started to break and I hoped my wife would come out of her hiding before Emma breaks down crying.

"How about your Mommy answer those questions?" Jack smiled at Emma.

"Mommy" Emma immediately flew into Maya's arm who was hiding in the bedroom of the office. Emma buried her face into May's neck.

She looked absolutely incredible in her new uniform. I wasn't able to get my eyes off of her body.

"Hi Princess" Maya lifted her up and spun around the room with her in her arms "Where is your Mamma?" she asked immediately.

"There" Emma pointed towards me but I was still staring at Maya.

"I think your Mamma approved my new uniform. Beautiful are you there?" Maya's mocking brought me back to reality.