Chapter 68

Maya's POV

I had no idea how to feel about our 3 little miracles. We both wanted to expend our family and we also know that we want more than one baby but the idea of having 3 all at once scared me.

I had no idea how to hold three infants all at once if they were crying. A person has only two arms for a reason.

At the same time I was incredibly happy and proud when I saw them on the monitor.

We took a dozen pictures but we agreed to still wait until the end of the first trimester since now it was considered as a high risk pregnancy with Carina's age and multiple babies. Although we surprised Emmett and Travis two more onesies on the way home.

I think our favourite couple shredded more tears than the both of us. It was good to know that our kids have a strong team of uncles to take care of them if we'll need help in the future.

I've wrote an email to Chief Smith after the examination because I wanted to run for the Battalion Chief title after I realised the triplets would require more time than my job. After all I was a mother of 4 now.

"Captain DeLuca- Bishop!" the Chief said standing in my office's door.

"Chief Smith! Happy to see you here. Please come in!" I shook her hand firmly and started to close the door behind her. I even closed the blinders because my team was a noisy one.

"I was glad to hear about your interest in my job offer." The Chief started right away "Can I ask you why you decided to messenge me now?"

I talked about this possibility with Carina. We knew I might need to explain the situation in more details and she was completely okay with it as long as no one else figure it out beforehand.

"It's a family matter and not even my team knows about it yet." I took a big breath and continued "As you know little over half a year ago we adopted our daughter Emma. We decided to expand our family and luckily the first round of fertility treatment was successful. My wife and I are expecting triplets by the end of the year. Carina is carrying our children therefore I won't be absent from work however with the Battalion Chief title I would be able to have a strict time frame for my shift and also it is a little bit safer than being a Captain. " I answered honestly.

" Congratulations on your triplets " she said with a warm smile" I can see your point Captain. After the hangar fire I think SFD will be on board with me on naming you the next Battalion Chief. I would like to go over some details regarding the next captain of station 19 and who would be Lieutenant in the future." She continued

" I've started to train my new Lieutenants a few months ago" I started to tell her about Vic's and Travis's progress. "We recently added two members to our team, Elliot and Hill. They have been pair up with Hughes and Montgomery whom I hope will become our new Lieutenants in the future. They will submit their application for the title in the next month. Both of them are experienced firefighter who were previously trained by Captain Pruitt Herrera. "

" Sounds promising, I'd like to join the team on two calls in the future to see them in action. " the Chief said in a serious tone.

" Of course. Regarding the next Captain. I have two names in mind. First one is Lieutenant Andy Herrera from Station 23. In my opinion her promotion is long overdue considering her skills and experience on the field. Although I know she has been promoted as acting Captain in case of the Captain's absence therefore she is my number one nominee if she cannot get the title at Station 23" I was hoping the Chief would let me know about her plan for Andy.

"I'm aware of her situation and I'm happy to announce that she will become Captain at her current house by the and of the year. We're currently waiting for the resignation of the current Captain" she said firmly.

I couldn't help but smile at the thought of Andy finally getting the title she has earned in the past and was giving to someone else on many occasions. However I still think I earned the title as well. We have had serious conversations about it in the past and ultimately agreed on it.

"Then my second nominee is Lieutenant Jack Gibson. He was acting Captain during my absence and he has proved on so many occasions that he is more than capable of running this station" He has come a long way since he first joined the station just like our friendship. I was more than happy to give him the well deserved promotion.

After she talked me through all the paperwork and gave me a folder filled with all the knowledge I would need to pass the valuation in order to become Seattle's Battalion Chief she said good bye and left the station.

"What did Chief Smith do in your office, Cap?" Vic asked as she was on desk duty once again.

" You will find out in time" I winked at her as I ran up to the beanary in a happy mood "Are you following Hughes?" I said over my shoulder.

"Hey Captain" Travis said immediately as he saw me.

"Nineteen, Report!" I wanted to know how the daily chores were going.

"We are finished with the chores Captain" Hill said immediately almost in a salute position.

"At ease cadet" I said with a soft giggle "Good job 19"

"This means nap time, right?" Travis said and I turned towards him immediately

"Montgomery!" I knew he just jinxed it and soon enough the klaxon went on.

LADDER 19
ENGINE 19
AID CAR 19
PRT 19
Station 23 requested backup at 4842 Fort Street

Every rushed down to the barn while Travis just stood in the middle of the beanary looking at me like a kid.

"Montgomery hurry up." I said firmly " You're lucky you're one of the favourite uncle of my kids because I could kill you sometimes"

"I know" he giggled as he ran down behind me.

A/N

Happy Monday guys.

Thank you so much for all the comments under the last chapter.