Chapter 43

Carina's POV

Today is the day.

The day we officially become mothers. We have been Emma's mothers since the day we took her to the Station. It was strange to become deeply attached to a child who you have known only for hours but we knew we belonged together.

The past two weeks was quite for our family.

Emma had a few nightmares but we spoke about each one in the morning to help her process them. Diane was helping so much with her mental health. She said as long as it was not getting worst she wasn't in need of therapy.

"Mamma, Mommy" Emma said from the doorway.

"Come in Bambina" I said lifting up the covers for her to climb in

"Thank you Mamma" she snuggled between us.

"Are you nervous, Principessa?" I asked her. She was getting really good at sharing her feelings and her fears with us.

"Sí, Mamma" she said into my neck

"Nessuno può separarci, Bambina (nobody can tear us apart Bambina) Ci assicureremo sempre che tu sia al sicuro (We'll always make sure you're safe.) Saremo sempre le vostre mamme (We'll always be your mommies) " I held her closer

"Mamma is right, Princess" said Maya half asleep. She wrapped both of us in her arms "No need to worry my little girl. We love you so much." she was so loving and carrying

"I love you too, mommies" Emma said and buried her face in my chest.

"What time is it?" Maya asked.

We had an appointment at 11 o'clock in the city hall which meant we had to leave at 10 to be there on time. I reached for my phone on the night stand. I looked at the screen. I had a few notifications.

"It's almost eight Bella." I answered and opened my notifications. I got emotional over the texts.

Meredith
'Don't worry Carina. I have done it too, just enjoy this day'
we have talked about Zozo's adoption a few times during the last few weeks.

Teddy
'Go mama! We're with you.'
she became such a good friend to us. She was there since we got back together with Maya.

I had a few other messages from Amelia, Maggie and of course Bailey and Ben send a very special message to their niece.

I wiped away my happy tears, I had a huge grateful smile.

"What is it Beautiful? " Maya asked me with a sad smile.

"These are happy tears Bella. Our family messaged me wishing us lucky for today." I said smiling " I will sort breakfast for you Belle. You can stay in bed a little longer" I said to my beautiful girls.

I started to make pancakes with all kinds of berries. I also made the special Verde turmix for them. I heard laughters and giggles from the bedroom.

I loved how Maya could become a kid all over again and play with her. Maya has never had this opportunity and she was making sure Emma get to be kid around us.

"Bambine, la colazione è pronta (Bambine, breakfast is ready)" echoed through the apartment as I placed the plates on the table.

"che stiamo arrivando, Mamma (We're coming, Mamma)" said Emma and a few seconds later Maya came out of the room with Emma on her back

"Senti, Mamma! (Look, Mamma! )" Emma smiled while resting her chin on Maya's shoulder

"Sembra divertente, Bambine(Looks fun, Bambine)Forza, belle, si mangia. (Alright, beautifuls, let's eat)"