Chapter 69

Carina's POV

It was the last day of my first trimester. I have been waiting to reach this day since we found out that I was pregnant.

The tiredness and nausea stopped around a week ago and I couldn't be more grateful about that. It made my days so long since I haven't stopped working yet. I did slow down a little but I haven't notified Bailey yet. We agreed on working with Maya until the very last possible moment.

We have talked about Emma's future more and more since summer was approaching fast and we needed to decide on her school. I managed to get an appointment with Ellis's to get through her school plan.

Maya and I have been searching for information about grade skipping because we have noticed that Emma's development has been more advanced than her age group's.

I was so far gone in my own thoughts I haven't realised that Maya has woken up. "Good morning Beautiful" her voice brought me back to reality.

"Good morning Bella" I kissed her with a wide smile on my face. I've truly found my home by her side.
She shifted down a little in bed.

" Good morning my little beans" she gently stroked my baby bump and placed three kisses on it. Even though I was only 12 weeks along it was getting harder to hide the bump.

"I love you" I whispered to Maya. She was amazing with Emma, with me and she was already building a strong bond with the triplets.

"I love you too, Car" she moved back up and planted a kiss once again on my lips. "Are you ready for today?" she asked with a grin.

I could tell she was excited about today. So was I. "I have been ready for almost 10 weeks now." I smiled proudly.

We have decided to take a personal day to tell Emma she is going to be a big sister to three kids. It was so exciting yet it was a huge deal. She did ask for a sibling but we had no idea how would she react to three all at once.

" Let's get our beautiful girl then" Maya lifted me up so easily I hadn't had time to process what was happening.

"Maya, put me down" I said loudly as I realised what she was doing.

"Car stop fighting and wiggling or I'll drop you" she said giggling.

"Maya DeLuca - Bishop you need to give up this habit of yours" I said firmly with a smile.

"No promises" She said with a giggle " Open the door Baby but be careful we don't want to wake her up just yet"

I rolled my eyes as I reach for the door knob still in Maya's arms. She walked into the room andgently placed me on the right side of the bed and she made her way to the left side. Emma immediately cuddled up against me. I stroked her hair gently with a soft smile on my face.

"She is beautiful" Maya said whispering.

"She truly is" I looked up into her eyes. "She is our perfect little girl"

"Buongiorno Mamma" Emma said with her sleepy voice.

"Buongiorno Bambina" I squeezed her a little tighter.

" Mommy dov'è? (Where is Mommy?)" she hasn't acknowledged Maya's presence next to her.

"Sono qui, Emma. (I'm here, Emma)" Maya started to stroke the back of her head.

"Buongiorno Mommy" Emma slowly turned towards Maya. I felt so lucky at that moment.

I was cuddling with my beautiful girls using my mother tongue while I was expecting our triplets. It seemed surreal and magical all at once. I couldn't stop smiling.

Emma moved her back towards me as far as she could. A few weeks ago she would be able to aline her spin with my body perfectly but that morning it wasn't possible anymore.

Here we go. I knew we couldn't hide it anymore and thankfully we didn't need to anymore. Emma turned back towards me with and furrowed her eyebrows trying to come up with an appropriate question.

"Mamma what happened to your belly?" she said after a minute of thinking.

I heard Maya's giggles. I looked into her eyes and she nodded happily.
"Come here Bambina" I sat up with my back against the bed frame opening my arms for her "Do you remember our talk during dinner a while ago?"

"About a sister or a brother, sí" she was still a little confused but I could see how she was thinking it through.

"Well Bambina we told you that it takes time to have a sibling right?" I continued with a smile.

"Sí"

"So since we had that talk a while ago..." I wanted to get to the point but she stopped me.

"Mamma are you pregnant?" she looked deep into my eyes with a smile.

"Sí Bambina." I kissed her forehead and nodded towards Maya to tell her the other part of the surprise.

"There is something else Little one" Maya said.

"What is it Mommy?" Emma was so happy and excited she was bouncing in bed.

"Mamma isn't just pregnant with a baby" Maya was radiating with happiness "Mamma is pregnant with three babies all at once" my beautiful wife finished her sentence.

"Really?" Emma turned towards me with wide eyes "How?" she asked right away.

"They are triplets. Have you ever heard about it before?" I asked softly.

"No, Mamma" Emma shook her head and looked at me for answers.

We stayed in bed all morning talking about what triplets meant and how babies are made. Of course we give her the age appropriate version but without the bees and flowers because I refused to talk about science that way.

"Thanks for explaining Mamma and thanks for siblings" Emma hugged me tightly and than turned towards Maya "Thanks Mommy" she gave her the same treatment "Mamma can I?" suddenly she pointed towards my baby bump.

That was all my hormonal self could take. I managed to nod through my tears.

"Hey I'm your big sister guys" Emma started to talk to her siblings "Sono la vostra sorella maggiore" she repeated it in Italian too.

We cuddled and talked for a while until I heard Emma's stomach growl. She was just like her Mommy when it came to food.

"Are you hungry Bambina?" I said laughing.

"Sí Mamma" she nodded eagerly.

"How about making some pancakes and than paying a visit to your uncles and aunties at the station?" I gave her an option.

I knew Maya would like to tell her whole family about our kids and I was more than happy to announce it to the team. Maya looked deep into my eyes and mouthed a thank you to me with a wide smile.

" Mamma can I help? " Emma said happily.

"Of course, Bambina I'll always need my little chef by my side" I kissed her forehead and rolled out of bed.

"Mommy you can watch us from the couch." Emma said so innocently.

"So I'm kicked out of the kitchen once again. I see. My girls have teamed against me once again" She acted hurt.

"Well last time you burned the waffles so I'm not trusting you with breakfast" I said laughing.

"Okay I see how things are going around here" She smiled "I'll take Ezra on a walk but by the time I'm back there better be breakfast on the table" she started to tickle Emma's tummy which earned high pitched giggles from our little girl.

"Let's go my little chef, you heard Captain Mommy's order" I joked after Maya stopped the tickle war.

"Coming Mamma" Emma followed my steps out of her room.

A/N
Happy Wednesday guys.

So Emma's on board so far, we'll see about the future.