Chapter 65

Carina's POV

"It's too small isn't it?" she said with a giggle.

We have never had a deep conversation about our apartment but we ran out of rooms. I knew Emma offered to share her room with her future sibling, but I believe that even children need their privacy and with 5 year age gap they would benefit from separate rooms in the future.

"Well..." I had no idea how to start the conversation.

"It's okay Beautiful. I have been thinking about it too. Emma will need a bigger room when she starts scool and I believe Ezra would like a big yard to play too. Not to mention our future kids who will need a nursery and eventually desks and beds and toys and everything else" she was so adorable when she started to ramble about something she was invested in.
I cut her off with a sweet kiss.

"How long have you been thinking about it, Bella?" I asked with a small grin.

"For a while" she admitted "I wanted to wait until the ultrasound on the 8th week. I wanted to know for sure how many bedrooms we'll need" I was surprised. Did she expected more than one baby?

"What do you mean?" I needed answers.

"Well there's chance for a multiple pregnancy and I want to plan accordingly to the numbers of our children" she looked at Emma before stroking my belly to make sure she wasn't looking. I smiled at the gesture.

My patients always complained about rubbing their baby bump was annoying for them but I couldn't be happier that Maya was touching my belly or talking to it. It was the sweetest gesture I could think of.

"I don't know Maya. I haven't even experience morning sickness or tiredness. I really don't think we're expecting twins, Bella. Although if it makes you feel better about looking for houses we can wait until the 8th week." I grabbed her hand gently.

"Mamma, Mommy look!" Emma screamed towards us happily running in front of Ezra who was chasing her with the ball in his mouth.

"Carefully Bamb...." before I could finish my sentence she fell face first into the ground. Her cry filled the dog park. I looked towards Maya but she wasn't there anymore.

As soon as she heard Emma's cry she took of running towards our daughter. By the time I looked back at them she was holding a crying little girl on her hips. She was checking her head for any serious injuries when she was done she looked at me and shook her head signing Emma was okay.

She carried the little girl to me. She knew I would search for injuries myself even if I trusted her.

"Come here Bambina" Maya placed the little girl to my lap carefully.

"Where does it hurt?" I tried to localise her pain.

"Face" she said between sobs. She didn't seem to have any serious injuries.

"How about we go eat some breakfast? It might help with the pain, no?" I knew mentioning food would ease her pain and I was right.

"Brioche?" She asked wiping her eyes
"Sí Bambina, brioche" I smiled and I heard Maya's giggle from behind as she put the leash back on Ezra's collar.

"Are you ready Princess?" she held her hand out for Emma.

"Can Mamma carry me?" I looked at Maya with panic in my eyes. I would want nothing more but I couldn't. Not until I was through the first trimester. It's a critical period of time during the development of the fetus I should avoid heavy lifting.

"Mamma is very tired but I can carry you if you want Princess" Maya answered with a huge smile trying not to be suspicious.

"okay" Emma jumped off of my lap and walked in front of Maya and lifter her arms up.

"There you go Princess" Maya easily lifted her up "Beautiful can you hold Ezra's leash" she smiled at me knowing how much pain I was in due to not being able to carry my own daughter.

"Sí" I flashed a sad smile at her.

After half an hour we were half way through our breakfast. I choose Biscotti as always while Emma got her favourite Brioche. Maya tried the traditional breakfast which included a cappuccino and a croissant. Ezra was laying underneath the table working on his puppuchino.

"Carina are you okay?" she whispered with concern on her face.

"Yeah it's just my head" I felt light-headed for a split second.

"You're so pale. Do you want water or..." before she could finish her sentence I got up and ran towards the restroom.

I heard Emma's voice from behind calling my name. She must have been scared why I left so suddenly.

After emptying my stomach I made my way back to my girls. Maya was smiling widely with pride.

"Bella it's not funny. I really loved that Biscotti but from now on I won't be able look at it the same way" I said firmly.

"Yeah it's just..." I nodded signing I got why she was so excited however this feeling in my stomach was anything but exciting.

"Mamma are you okay?" Emma asked worryingly.

"Sí, Bambina. I think I have the stomach bug again." I smiled gently at her. I hated to lie to her but it was for her own protection.

"Ohh get better soon Mamma" she walked to me and hugged me gently.

"Thank you Bambina" I had tears in my eyes as I kissed the top of her head.

"Princess did you finish your breakfast?" Maya asked her and I could tell she was fighting her tears as well.

"Sí Mommy" Emma said proudly.

"Then let's go home my beautiful girls. We can have snuggles and movie marathon all day" Maya suggested and I couldn't be happier with her idea. I just wanted to sleep.

"Yey. Can we watch The Beauty and the Beast?" Emma said happily
"Of course Bambina" I reached for her hand.

A/N
Happy Monday guys!

Hope everyone is having an amazing summer break or getting closer to it.