Chapter 44

Maya's POV

As soon as the court room door closed behind us I let my shield down.

I was trying to be brave and not show any feelings which would scare them before the hearing. But now I couldn't help it anymore.

I broke down crying in the middle of the hallway.

"Mommy are you sad?" I heard MY daughter's voice from Carina's arms. She switched places right at the end because Carina needed her the most.

"No my little Princess." I said in between tears "I'm so happy that you're our daughter forever. I love you so much." I wrapped my arms around them "I love your Mamma so much" I kissed Carina's cheek.

We stood there quietly with happy tears in our eyes. We held each other close and soaking up the memory.

We're officially a family from now on.

Andy and Bailey joined in the hugs after a while. They cried during the entire process. Every time I thought about Emma's future I was smiling because even if something would happen to Carina or me she would have a village to look after her.

"Maya I'm sorry to tell you but Vic messenged me during the hearing. Something happened and we need to go to the station" Andy informed us. I looked at Carina with an apologising look.

"Why on Earth they had to do something idiotic today out of all day?!" I whisper screamed "Emma do you want to go the the station?" I asked my little girl

"Always Mommy" at least she was happy with the outcome of this situation. Caring smiled at the statement and started to walk towards the car.

"Andy I swear to God they will regret it on the next shift" I was incredibly pissed at my team but I was angrier with my family.

I asked them one day without trouble, just one.

"I know but we really have to go now. It's important." she said as she rushed to her car.

After a few minutes I parked the car behind the barn. I was driving faster than usual but still not dangerously since the two of my girls were in the car with me. Carina held my thigh to calm my nerves down.

She wasn't mad about having to come here but I felt so guilty because my work once again was ruining their day.

"Let's go my little firefighter" I held my arms out for Emma to hold onto. She gladly hold it. She knew all the rules of being here but she was so excited every time waiting for us to let her walk around with one of her uncles.

"Yey Mommy" she paused for a moment " Mommy?"

"Yes beautiful?" I smiled at her.

"Can I have my own Station clothes? I know we have the same name now but those are waaay too big" She was adorable as she hold the free arms out to show me how big it really was

"Of course. I can make a few calls about shirts and pullovers but the they don't make fire jackets in your size." I thought she would get upset over that fact

"It's okay Mommy. I'll earn it then" she pushed her chest out proudly.

Carina, Andy and Bailey laughed at her statement knowing she will do it one day.

We stepped into the lobby but I haven't seen anyone. Same goes to the office and the barn. I was getting frustrated because I wanted to know what was going on and leave as soon as possible.

"Next stop is the beanery my little girl" I tried to sound as excited as possible for her. It was her day and I wanted it to be the best of hers yet.
I bursted open the door. "What did you all...." I stopped in mid sentence. I looked around.