Chapter 27

Carina's POV

Maya did deliver on her promises. She won every single game she played, so it was no surprise that we were walking through the Park with two enormous bears in our hands.

Mine was pink and Emma's was blue, they were our special matching bears.
It was extra special because we got them from Maya as a reminder how happy we make each other if we're together. Maya was so happy and proud of herself.

"Thank you, Bella." I kissed her cheek as Emma was walking between us holding our free hand.

"Always" She smiled at me and then she looked at Emma and her smile grew even bigger. "Princess are you ready to go home?" Maya asked our girl since it was almost dinner time.

"Yeah." she answered slowly letting us know she was sleepy. We exchanged a knowing smile with Maya and headed back to the car.

I put Emma into her seat as Maya tried to fit the bears into the trunk. I decided I would drive back only to made a small stop our favourite restaurant to pick up some dinner.

"Carina, why are we stopping here?" Maya asked after a short ride on the way back from the Theme park.

"Well it's quite late for me to cook something on time so I thought a nice warm meal from our favourite place is the best solution" I smirked knowing why that restaurant meant so much to us.

It was Vic's parents' Polish restaurant. Every time we celebrated something or needed some happiness we ordered take-out from here.

"That's a great idea, Beautiful" she smiled at me "But we need to go inside and say hi to them in person" she looked back at Emma. "Vic told them about our daughter and they sent us lunch at the day you came in with her for the first time" she told me with a smile

"That's so sweet of them. Of course we can go and say hi to them." I look at the backseat "but only if we can wake up our Princess" we laughed as we got out of ths car.

"Bambina wake up" I said quietly as I lifted her out of the car. She immediately buried herself into my neck.

"It's fine Carina. Let her sleep" Maya smiled at us knowing she was too tired after all the fun.

She closed the doors and held my free hand. As soon as we stepped into the restaurant Lenya and Anthony noticed us.

"Ohh isn't that our favourite couple" Lenya said with a huge smile "This must be Emma" she stroked Emma's head

"Lenya, Anthony, it's so nice to see you" I said smiling "Yeah she is Emma, our daughter. We were at the Theme park all day, but I'm sure next time you'll be able to meet her when she is more active" we laughed. We ordered and talked while they were making our order.

"So tell us more about your little girl" Lenya asked with a warm smile.

"She is the bravest, smartest and kindest little girl I've ever met. Maya found her during a call when she was hiding under the stairs. She called me to the scene and from that moment I just bounded with her. She is also fluent in English and Italian which helped her bound with me. " I told them smiling while I was stroking her beautiful brown locks.

" She was so brave during the fire. She immediately trusted me and as Carina said we just bonded so quickly. We applied for foster parents last month so as I called CPS I told them we wanted to foster her so she did not have to go to a group home" Maya didn't mention anything else about the foster care system and what Emma had to go through in it.

It was Emma's life and her story to tell. The main point was that she was ours and she was safe.

"We're so happy for you. I know that Emma is safe and loved by you which is the most important thing in a little girl's life." Lenya smiled and I was sure she was thinking about Vic