Chapter 15

Maya's POV

I got back to my files.

That was the least favourite thing about my work. I loved action and coordinating on the scenes but I have never managed to even like the idea of sitting in my office. Probably that's why I ordered a table with variable settings and brought a treadmill into the office.

I knew that's Carina's favourite part of my job other then watching me work out in the gym. I heard my phone ringing. I looked at the ID:Baby ❤️. I answered it with a big smile on my face

"Hey Beautiful!" I missed her even if has been only a few hours since she was here with Emma.

"Hi, Bella!" she sounded less excited than usual, something wasn't right

"Is everything okay?" I got nervous and my overthinker mind started to create every possible outcome of this call.

"Yeah, some little girl had a melt down over nap time without you so I wanted to ask if we could facetime." she was embarrassed and stressed. I decided that we will talk after my shift about how she was since it's never easy to be a mom let alone becoming one overnight.

" Yeah hold on." I ended the call and switched to face time. She picked up immediately" Hey my beautiful girls. What happened, Princess?" I waited for her to answer waning to give her space to express her feelings on her own.

She turned towards the camera but still burying herself into Carina's embrace. Her eyes were filled with tears and tiredness.

" I miss you." She answered a little embarrassed. " I didn't want to be bad." she looked up to Carina "Sorry, 'Rina" she buried her face deeper into Carina's chest

My wife facial expression softened instantly. She hugged her little body close if that was even possible. I smiled at them as Carina started to speak.

" It's okay, Bambina. I'm not mad. You're just tired and that's why you acted like that, it's okay. We had a long day, but it was fun, no?" She spoke to her with honesty explaining her feelings to her the best she could to a four years old.

" Sí" she smiled at the thought to her day.

" Princess how about I sing to you a special song, then you sleep a little?" I offered her a solution which earned a surprised look from my wife.

She has never heard me singing before, at least not really. We joked around in the kitchen before our wedding but that was it.

" You can't sing. I heard you in the car" Emma said with a smile.

"Then I suppose you can sleep without it" I acted offended for a little giggle

" Noo! I was joking. Sorry" she told me instantly regretting the words

"Go lay down next to Carina." I waited for them to lay down and get comfortable until I tried to think about a child appropriate song to sing. I had no idea about child songs so I decided on something else. "Are you ready?"

"Sí!" she was covered under the blanket with Carina as she hold her close to herself allowing the little girl to be as close as possible.

I swear to God, when I come home
I'm gonna hold you so close
I swear to God, when I come home, I'll never let go
Like a river, I flow to the ocean I know
You pull me close, guiding me home
And I need you to know that...
She was already fast asleep but I decided to sing the whole song for them.
.... I swear to God, I can see
Four kids and no sleep
We'll have one on each knee, you and me, hmm
And when they've grown up
You're still the girl in the club...